Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Watch out - housebreakers about again

Re: Watch out - housebreakers about again

Postby dr.doolittle » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:51 am

Gustav wrote:Police don't police any more, as they are powerless and today's robbers , thieves, scumbags know it, there's no deterrent,
Prison if sent, 4 meals , sports, gym, libary ....no bills no work,equals no worries , accommodation found when released,
All on strength of taxpayers and they are decreaseing,

dr.doolittle

Postby dragonlyn » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:59 am

We were burgled in Benimar some years ago. It was awful to experience., we had our security bars strengthened....but its still going on...we spot the cars slowly going by having a good look usually with four men in them...my husband was a police officer and found it really annoying as after our break in there was a perfect set of handprints on our patio doors and the police informed us that the SOC unit were too far away in Valencia to take them! They were just not interested...
dragonlyn

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Gustav » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:35 am

Same in uk,
Not enough police persons,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:47 am

One of the reasons we moved from UK was because of the number of burglaries in the area. We had our garage broken into twice and our shed 3 times. This in a village of just over 6,000 people.
When we were here on a visit for a week, we got back and the house had been broken into. All digital electrical equipment taken, money, gone through loads of things and found my spare keys in a drawer and stole the car from my garage to take it all away. There was a very small window in the kitchen where they'd popped the lock off and, obviously, someone very small had climbed through .

We called both the police and the insurance company at the same time. The police said they already had another incident to deal with (one?) and would take some time to get there. The insurance company had arranged a locksmith and I had to keep phoning him to tell him the police hadn't arrived.

The police turned up at lunchtime the next day, almost a full day since we reported it. I'm told that I was even lucky they turned up in the first place. Locksmith then came and changed the locks and put a metal rod through the small window in the kitchen so it couldn't be popped off.

Never heard anything about any of the items stolen or my car and only got a "so you are victim" leaflet from the police.#

It was then my wife could no longer view the place as our home, simply a house. The thought of people going through things really upset her. They'd taken some drink from our cabinet and used glasses for them and my wife picked them up with tongs and threw them straight in the bin.

I looked through the crime rates for our village and was staggered to see the number of crimes that took place on a regular basis. There were 8 street robberies, 6 break ins, 4 cars stolen and 5 others and that was in just one month.

We had been contemplating moving here for some time but that, along with other things, really convinced us.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby JustGinger » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:11 am

marcliff wrote:One of the reasons we moved from UK was because of the number of burglaries in the area. We had our garage broken into twice and our shed 3 times. This in a village of just over 6,000 people.
When we were here on a visit for a week, we got back and the house had been broken into. All digital electrical equipment taken, money, gone through loads of things and found my spare keys in a drawer and stole the car from my garage to take it all away. There was a very small window in the kitchen where they'd popped the lock off and, obviously, someone very small had climbed through .

We called both the police and the insurance company at the same time. The police said they already had another incident to deal with (one?) and would take some time to get there. The insurance company had arranged a locksmith and I had to keep phoning him to tell him the police hadn't arrived.

The police turned up at lunchtime the next day, almost a full day since we reported it. I'm told that I was even lucky they turned up in the first place. Locksmith then came and changed the locks and put a metal rod through the small window in the kitchen so it couldn't be popped off.

Never heard anything about any of the items stolen or my car and only got a "so you are victim" leaflet from the police.#

It was then my wife could no longer view the place as our home, simply a house. The thought of people going through things really upset her. They'd taken some drink from our cabinet and used glasses for them and my wife picked them up with tongs and threw them straight in the bin.

I looked through the crime rates for our village and was staggered to see the number of crimes that took place on a regular basis. There were 8 street robberies, 6 break ins, 4 cars stolen and 5 others and that was in just one month.

We had been contemplating moving here for some time but that, along with other things, really convinced us.

So sorry to hear that Marcliff and about all the other burglaries. Our Spanish home got broken into a few years ago on the eve of Three Kings. We were out for about an hour so we're convinced someone had been watching the house. They took a travel bag to carry the swag but 'kindly' dropped our passports in the garden as they left. Unfortunately my husband's car keys were in that bag so not only did we lose money, jewellery and small electronics we had a £100 taxi ride from the airport to home and then a three hour round trip in my car to collect my husband's car.

But at least the police attended and helped us file a report.

We were broken into in the UK last year and the police didn't even come out. We had to battle them for a crime to be reported so that we could submit an insurance claim.

I'm not sure which system works best, if either work at all!
JustGinger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:23 am

It is a real shame, that you can’t legally create a lethal trap for would be thieves, rapists and murderers. So when they tried to enter your property, they were fatally injured, and if so you were not prosecuted.
This would save the cost of policing, make burglaries attacks and rape a rare occurrence and mean you are safe in your home and your property was sufficiently protected when you are absent.
There will be a lot of do gooders and liberals who will disagree, especially those who have never had their lives turned upside down or lost property and loved ones.
But for victims there never is justice or retribution.
We need to make our life secure but at the same time create a safe environment for those so disadvantaged that they turn to crime to survive.
So a place to eat and sleep securely with aid to get back into the system is needed.
However for Those who commit crime for the thrill would soon be wiped out.
Philipb1407

Postby garysl » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:38 am

It is a real shame, that you can’t legally create a lethal trap for would be thieves, rapists and murderers. So when they tried to enter your property, they were fatally injured, and if so you were not prosecuted.
This would save the cost of policing, make burglaries attacks and rape a rare occurrence and mean you are safe in your home and your property was sufficiently protected when you are absent.

It would also mean that the police, fire, ambulance etc would never enter any building, in an emergency, (to put out a fire for example) in case someone had rigged the inside with devices that could kill them.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby jpeg » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:40 am

Gustav wrote:Same in uk,
Not enough police persons,

There are plenty of Police but most are not doing police work
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby bryancycling » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:35 pm

Are there any neighbourhood watch schemes? Would be good to get something organised, plenty of full & part time residents. Perhaps just going out for a walk or taking the dog for a walk is a good opportunity to note anything suspicious. I’m sure local group's could be organised & maybe a Messenger group set up? As a part time resident it’s always a worry that our home from home may be compromised. Thoughts?

Jansl wrote:Hi all,
Don't mean to frazzle nerves, but the scumbags are back again. Just heard a house at the top of Rojales Hills ( area towards the waterpark), was broken into early last Saturday evening. The owners were out for just over an hour, in that time the intruders had somehow torn off a window grill & ransacked the place.
Realise we can't turn our homes into a fortress, but a time to be extra vigilant
bryancycling

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby camionpilot » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:38 am

Used to be a n/w group but seems to have died around 4 years ago [ check out index headers on the left side of home page ]. :(
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

PreviousNext