Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Watch out - housebreakers about again

Re: Watch out - housebreakers about again

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:59 am

Depressing reading.
Our house is on the road side and always close the shutter gates when going out but I think the deterrent is the knowledge that someone might see them in the act.
Twenty years ago, one Sunday morning, my daughters were over staying with us. Up on the solarium, looking out at the neighbourhood, they saw a young naan at the bottom of the road leaning over a wall doing what looked like an acrobatic flip over the wall. The girls flew down the stairs and raced down the road shouting. The young man reappeared and started running over the waste land with the girls giving chase!! A get away car was waiting with engine running. The man leapt in and the car raced off. Never saw them again but being non residents, who is to say if they returned or not.
That was back at the time when it was Moroccans who were stealing from our cars and homes. Police finally put an end to that but now it looks like there are new kids on the block!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Paul M » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:46 pm

Your daughters need a lesson in common sense, chasing crims around is pretty stupid! Calling the police would have made more sense!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:11 pm

The police haven't put an end to the Moroccans breaking in, they are still doing it, if caught, sent back and within days they're back again, apparently. Mum saw one years ago on a balcony opposite her, she thought the neighbour was getting the washing in despite it being 3am. She realised it was burglars, so her and dad got up, went out, dad with a 2x2 plank, mum got one bag off them as they dropped it on the way. Police were called and mum and dad were told, let them go, if you hurt them you'd get done and could lose everything, your house, the lot plus you could get hurt yourself. 20 plus years ago the police were said to have said, if you hurt them, kill them and dump them on waste ground. Can you imagine doing that, bloody hell.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby StormBoy » Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:50 pm

If you think the police here are bad, listen to this. When I lived in Kenya I had a friend who was a professional safari guide. One night someone tried to break into his house and he shot him and he fell dead outside the window. He immediately ran the police and they said they would come in the morning, but could he drag the body into the house before they arrived as it would make their paperwork easier.!!!
StormBoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:51 pm

Yes heard simular you can shoot house breakers in afrian nations,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Big Wheeler » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:57 pm

Many years ago when goods imported into Spain had to clear customs in the Zona Franca,there were many complaints from drivers about thefts from cabs and trailers by the residents of blocks of flats just the other side of the compound walls.After a meeeting with the port police chief,the latter said catch the perpetrators,kill them and throw the bodies into the dock.Apparently to him a body in the dock is just another body in the dock.
Drivers of all nationalities got on quite well.One German driver when his wife was being attacked shouted out and a group of guys caught the bad guys and gave them a slap.They then laid them face down on the ground ,arms outstretched,and moved his lorry's steering wheels onto both their hands.Then went for a coffee.
It's the only treatment these people understand.I have zero sympathy.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby telmel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:33 pm

Just another update about my neighbours, they were robbed AGAIN last night, the second time in two years
They gained access exactly the same way, the rear bedroom window by ripping off the recently reinstalled security bars, new from last years robbery
Everything was taken, even the new safe they had bought which was very big and very heavy after they were told by the insurance company to upgrade their old one , they didnt pay out on the last theft regarding the safe as they said it was not secure enough !!
This was 7pm last night , and as previous they had just gone out for a meal
They are a lovely couple , very quiet , but keep themselves to themselves and i feel so sorry for them, i believe it to be the same gang as they seemed to know where everything was regarding the layout , and they ripped his security lights down also
I can see them moving now, my wife is so afraid herself with it happening only next door
So lightening can strike twice , and i can see it happening again if they dont take more severe safety measures
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Butch » Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:55 pm

Such awful news, I know how they feel. Hope everything gets sorted for them, and thank you for letting us know. The more people are aware the more they can look out for each other. Where abouts do they live?
Butch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby telmel » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:02 pm

They are our neighbours in blue lagoon, not far from the new 22 bar , wolfies, captain morgans bar etc
Thre has been an epidemic of robberies around the area lately
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:31 pm

That’s dreadful news. Thiose poor, unfortunate people.
Safes really need to be fitted in reinforced concrete. Nobody can remove them. They need to get 2 new safes. Install one in the original place and put the other into reinforced concrete somewhere like their garage. I can believe thus happened to them again. Cruel. Thanks for updating us. I’ve just messaged my cousin whose friends were robbed a couple of weeks ago while they too were out for a meal. They need to be warned. It could be them next. Hateful thieves.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

PreviousNext