Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Iberdrola Query

Iberdrola Query

Postby Tessa123 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:20 pm

Please can anyone advise physically how to process switching my tariff, online, with Iberdrola, on the website. When I try to do it, a Virtual Assistant pops up. The Virtual Assistant will not process my request any further, due to the UK mobile number. It says my phone number is invalid. I have tried all formats (+44) (00 44) etc. Does anyone know if the website does not accept non spanish phone numbers?
I did go the Iberdrola stand in Habaneros when last out a couple of weeks ago, but when I checked the contract later on email, she had simply only applied a 5 percent discount. This is no good, compared to the excellent tariff on the online plan. I have managed online to alter my energy amount coming into the house, which will help a bit, as we are not using anywhere near the allocated power. But I desperately need to change the actual tariff. I have left several messages for a call back from Ibedrola, with no response. I wrote an email to them, in Spanish, and got a reply stating yes the online plan was much better for me than the discount that had been applied at the Iberdrola stand and that I should go online to switch to this. I am going around in circles.
Any advice is much appreciated, as our next bill is estimated to be 110 euros and we will not be out there until March again.

Kind regards and thanks in advance
Tessa123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Iberdrola Query

Postby suzi wong » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:32 pm

Try the Iberdrola office in Rojales,see what they can offer,dont forget to take your contract numbers with you.The people in Habernaros are just agents on commission .
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Chrisdee » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:38 pm

Think they're in the UK at mo

suzi wong wrote:Try the Iberdrola office in Rojales,see what they can offer,dont forget to take your contract numbers with you.The people in Habernaros are just agents on commission .
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby blingle » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:40 pm

If you install the Iberdrola Clientes app, you should be able to do it on there.

Screenshot_20240205_182938_Iberdrola.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_182945_Iberdrola.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_183001_Iberdrola.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_183012_Iberdrola.jpg
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Tessa123 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:58 pm

Blingle - thank you so much for taking the time to do screenshots, that is very kind and so helpful. I did look here,on the App, but could not see the "Online Plan" only the 8 hour plan, night plan, summer plan, winter plan etc
Tessa123

Postby Cornishbug » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:17 pm

We went into Rojales when we wanted a change but they said they couldn't help with on line offers..
Cornishbug

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Fulgencio

Postby suzi wong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:34 am

Chrisdee wrote:Think they're in the UK at mo

suzi wong wrote:Try the Iberdrola office in Rojales,see what they can offer,dont forget to take your contract numbers with you.The people in Habernaros are just agents on commission .

You’re right Chris,must be my age I missed that.
suzi wong

Postby willemite » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:48 am

Although we live in Catral we went to the Guardamar office, they were so helpful and did everything for us.
Easy to park as well, we used the free car park and walked around the block to office.
willemite

Which part of Spain are you from?: catral

Postby Tessa123 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:01 pm

Hi all
Thank you so much for your responses.

I have had a response from Iberdola today to explain that their best rate available (the "Online plan") is not available to anyone with only a UK mobile number. This is only made available to anyone who has a Spanish mobile number registered on their electricity account. Therefore it will not appear on the App, as a choice for rate switching. Also if not using the App and choosing to switch rate online, on the website, the website will also not accept a UK mobile number for the "Online Plan".

I do really feel that this should be in smallprint somewhere, on the "Online Plan" product advertised. As I have been trying to acquire this rate change for days, but now having finally got to the bottom of it, their best rate would never have been available to me.
Tessa123

Postby suzi wong » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:11 pm

Hi Tessa 123,
How much are you paying per Kw/hr for your electric,& what tariff are you on? Your estimate seems excessive if you are not actually there .You could have a look at at Octopus es,they look quite competitive & can alter the website into English.
suzi wong

Next