Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Farmer's Protests

Farmer's Protests

Postby marcliff » Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:26 pm

Alluded to on the driving through France bit and Alicante farmers are staging protests on Feb 12th, next Monday. They will take the same lines as those in other EU countries and could cause road closures in the province and may include the A7.

They may also cause delays in goods getting to shops and the farmers' unions have stated there will be rolling protests throughout February.

Other regions have already started the protests which they say will spread to other areas.
The main bone of contention are the legislative bureaucracy forced on them by the Common Agricultural Policy.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Farmer's Protests

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:28 pm

1970s Britain the Sick man of Europe.
2024 Europe, the sick men of the world.
Philipb1407

Postby marcliff » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:39 pm

Yes, because there are no strikes in UK. no protestors out on the streets and so on. No, nothing like that at all in Ukopia.
marcliff

Postby Darro » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:21 pm

marcliff wrote:Alluded to on the driving through France bit and Alicante farmers are staging protests on Feb 12th, next Monday. They will take the same lines as those in other EU countries and could cause road closures in the province and may include the A7.

They may also cause delays in goods getting to shops and the farmers' unions have stated there will be rolling protests throughout February.

Other regions have already started the protests which they say will spread to other areas.
The main bone of contention are the legislative bureaucracy forced on them by the Common Agricultural Policy.
Wonder if they have the same sentiment about the EU money which paid for the A7 and most of the other motorway class roads in Spain?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:55 pm

Those were the days when I first started driving heavy lorries to Spain in the early 1970s.Not many ring roads or by passes.Driving through the centre of Valencia.Route back to the UK between Sagunto and Zaragoza took me through every town and village.Sections of this road were not even tarmacked.Guardia civil car of choice was a Renault (5?) with 2 blue lights on the roof.If you dazzled them at night you won a spot fine.Light inop ? Change it on the spot or wait until daylight plus a fine.Different times.Sociable folk with very little.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:46 am

The attack on farmers is happening all over Europe and other parts of the world. Any attack on the food supply is an attack on every single man woman and child in the land. I will be giving them a honk of support if i see them. I would hope you all would do the same.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby kingscliff » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:00 pm

There is virtually a news blackout in the UK as to what goes on in Europe, in fact the complete opposite picture is painted that everything in the EU is beautiful and we're really suffering, this is how life seems if you watch the BBC and MSM. However, if you think this sounds suspicious then have a look at UK Column which is an independent news channel online, it's been running for years and can be found on www.ukcolumn.org The other great site for information is the Conserative Woman on www.conservativewoman.co.uk
kingscliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:13 pm

kingscliff wrote:There is virtually a news blackout in the UK as to what goes on in Europe, in fact the complete opposite picture is painted that everything in the EU is beautiful and we're really suffering, this is how life seems if you watch the BBC and MSM. However, if you think this sounds suspicious then have a look at UK Column which is an independent news channel online, it's been running for years and can be found on http://www.ukcolumn.org The other great site for information is the Conserative Woman on http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk

You must be reading different media in UK than I am. Mail Mirror Express and even the Guardian have article after article of the goings on in the EU, especially the Mail and the Express which seem to relish in everything going on from no deckchairs in hotels to farmers blocking roads which. of course, only affect the British according to them. The water restrictions in Catalonia were all over the pages with "British tourists in Spain unable to use swimming pools" and so on. Of course, the Germans can still use them if you believe it. I expect the next story to be Brit expats have roads blocked by Spanish farmers.

And the BBC news site has several articles on the farmers protests throughout Europe and even pointed out just today that Spanish farmers are joining the wave of protests.

To say a virtual news blackout seems to be a strange view.
marcliff

Postby wilbhoy67 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:01 pm

:text-goodpost:

Steve wilkins wrote:The attack on farmers is happening all over Europe and other parts of the world. Any attack on the food supply is an attack on every single man woman and child in the land. I will be giving them a honk of support if i see them. I would hope you all would do the same.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Durabo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:15 pm

The BBC Europe front page page today
https://www.bbc.com/news/world/europe

The uk column website is laughable. Everything from vaccine hysteria to christian courts. I guess these same people would be apoplectic with the suggestion of Sharia courts.
Durabo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Return to Quesada general discussion