Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Noise in apartment

Noise in apartment

Postby guest2011 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:39 pm

Hello,
Do the new build apartments better noise insulation? I am more worried for the summer time when most people spend their vacation or rent to other people.
Guest2011
guest2011

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Re: Noise in apartment

Postby Steve wilkins » Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:25 pm

From the ones i have seen being built, they seem to include some level of insulation. Will that translate to any extra benefit once finished? You would have to ask a owner of one. I think the levels of that insulation will also differ from developer to developer so best to ask before buying imo.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:11 pm

We’re semi detached and before we got of new neighbours, you could hear almost everything through the walls. Not pleasant. The new owners revamped the whole house and installed sound proofing. It’s amazing the difference it makes. It’s a totally different set up now. A joy!!
You could consider doing the same.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Citreon2cv » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:48 pm

No they don’t
Citreon2cv

Which part of Spain are you from?: La siesta

Postby Graham_Lynn » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:32 am

In summer months you spend most of the time outdoors,so there’s not much need for insulating inside against noise. I don’t think any amount of insulation could block out the noise of Spanish holiday makers.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby 24210168 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:18 am

We live in a 1950's built terrace. The walls are very thin and we can hear neighbours on both sides talking, watching TV, kids running upstairs etc. The pavement outside the front of the house is quite busy especially with older people walking up and down a few hours a day on their wheeled zimmer frames. Now and again young children on skateboards visit their grannies. The houses are built on one continuous concrete pad so noise and vibration pass through all the houses. We are in the process of insulating the whole house. We have acoustic insulation on any shared walls and thermal insulation on outside walls and ceiling. Of course both have some properties of the other. This behind drywall stud walls. Only six more rooms to do. Later we will be laying laminate flooring and doubling the insulation under that as we have very old, ugly composite marble which is very cold.

Which part of Spain are you from?: Zarrra

Postby guest2011 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:41 am

Thank you all for providing information. I personally like the more traditional Spanish houses, but for the reason of noise and things like floor heater for the winter, though short period, we probably have to move to one of those white funkis houses or new build apartments. I am not sure about the noise insulation in the apartments.
Guest2011
guest2011

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar