Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Santander "Communicacion de Residencia Fiscal a la admin"

Santander "Communicacion de Residencia Fiscal a la admin"

Postby wilsonm10 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:01 pm

I closed our joint Santander non resident account over a year ago, as the cost of the monthly charge just for direct debits seemed crazy. No interest was earned on the account.

We have filled in the non resident tax return each year since we purchased the property in 2021

So today my wife received a letter from Santander - according to Google translate they have to inform the United Kingdom for the tax year 2023 that we had an account (closed) in Spain. Letter entitled "Communicacion de Residencia Fiscal a la administracion Tributaria espanola"

My wife does not work in the UK (or in Spain when we visit) so has not paid tax during this timeframe.

Any idea what this letter is for ?

Thanks
wilsonm10

Which part of Spain are you from?: Wokingham

Re: Santander "Communicacion de Residencia Fiscal a la admi

Postby Bee » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:40 pm

That is just a circular letter they send out for the 2 yearly registration for which they charge handsomely. I would just ignore it.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja