Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cabo Roig

Cabo Roig

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:37 am

We hadn’t been over to Cabo Roig in years and decided to drive over on Saturday. What a beautiful place! The area is extremely upmarket with stunning big detached houses with views over the sea. Since we were there, the council must have blasted their way along the rugged coastline in order to create a cliff path. The path runs from La Zenia to Cabo Roig and provides a better than lovely walkway! Many of the original houses which backed towards the sea have now got access to the path walkway. Numerous house have had glass balconies installed and are a sight to behold!!
We walked past the lively beach and coves and on along the coast and finally came to the marina where we had a bite to eat in the marina restaurant enjoying seeing all the classy boats. The walkway continues on further but we decided to return to the car as my husband can only manage short walks ( broke his ankle at Christmas time). We walked along the road instead of the path and the houses were a sight to be seen One enormous white and glass house with sun sails over the terraces was designed to resemble a ship. It was quite beautiful and looked like something you’d expect to see in California.
For all you walkers that aren’t aware of this area, I think the walk may continue on around to the beautiful CAMPOAMAR. Could be wrong but we walked from there some years ago and could see where work was being carried out along the cliff so it’s possible that the coastal walk is now complete.
Cabo Roig is certainly a place to cast your eyes on. Lots and lots of little roads leading to the path so ample car parking for us all. Enjoy
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Cabo Roig

Postby Gasgit » Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:17 pm

Mac3 think you’ll find our very incapable council stole land from some households which were given back by the courts, and the walk way stops for a while,whilst 55% of tax is raised on the coast a small portion only is used on the coast, to the detriment of school kids health treatment etc etc, such a shame as it is a great place to live
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Paul Uden » Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:21 pm

You can walk from Punta Prima to Campoamor on the coastal path (La Ruta Litoral) apart from the short interruption mentioned by Gasgit at Cabo Roig. It's about 21km there and back (a half marathon). We usually stop at La Mirada by La Zenia beach for a break part way.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:10 pm

Wow. Lots of info there.
Can’t believe how long the walk actually is.
Is the work ongoing? Are there plans to link the whole coastal walk? I see there’s quite a proposal along the La Mata walkway. Old wooden boards have been removed and the plan is to put a more permanent solid walkway in its place. I don’t understand why they couldn’t have worked in sections rather than removing and closing off the usual route. No joy walking there just now.
Mac3blade

Postby millies123 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:32 am

Paul Uden wrote:You can walk from Punta Prima to Campoamor on the coastal path (La Ruta Litoral) apart from the short interruption mentioned by Gasgit at Cabo Roig. It's about 21km there and back (a half marathon). We usually stop at La Mirada by La Zenia beach for a break part way.

You can carry on to Torrevieja to
millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:36 am

I go there regularly, it’s a great walk from the Marina to Capitan Beach. On the beach there’s a cafe bar.
The sand is smooth and there are parts without any commercial activity.
I take it that Cabo Roig, is pronounced.. Cab oh - Roy, Is that right..?
Philipb1407

Postby Bee » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:06 am

As regards pronunciation. I don't think I have ever heard it pronounced in Spanish but if you go by the rule that every letter is pronounced in a Spanish word except 'h' then it should sound more like Cabo "Roack/rogue/rock" to our ears as i sounds like "e" and g is a gutteral sound back in your throat or the Scottish "loch" sound.

You can hear it pronounced in this YouTube video. It sounds more "Rogh"

https://youtu.be/infGyfvXSpE?si=NbZeaDmiXRLCnJPm

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:27 am

Well,well,well. There I was thinking it was called something totally different and my mental pronunciation was way off !! Now I know how to say it but it sounds completely alien.
How is Hostital Quiron pronounced? This is a laugh. I’m calling it like Kieran, wrong?
Mac3blade

Postby Bee » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:51 am

Just a little more emphasis on the "o" R i.e Kieron instead of Kieran and roll your 'r' and you will sound like a native. I am sure we will all pronounce Cabo Roig same way we pronounce it in English whatever the Spanish say. So Cabo Roche/Cabo Roig :)

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:52 pm

Thanks Bee. Brilliant. I enjoy mentally pronouncing Spanish words so it’s great to get a heads up! The original name of the hospital was an easier one to pronounce.
Always love Beeno and not Vino!! I far prefer the word Vino. X
Mac3blade

Return to Quesada general discussion