Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Torrevieja hospital

Torrevieja hospital

Postby Christine » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:39 pm

Advisable if going into Torrevieja hospital you do it without jewellery. My friend with dementia was admitted with gold rings and on my visit these had been removed. I was informed by nurses they were in security and would be handed back on her discharge. Sadly she has passed away this week and when jewellery requested we were informed nothing to declare.....even though copy of document showing 10 rings going to security and photos of her in bed wearing the rings nothing can be done. A meeting with Police did absolutely nothing being told they're aware of these problems.
Christine

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Torrevieja hospital

Postby harleyclose » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:18 pm

unbelievable, that is shocking
harleyclose

Which part of Spain are you from?: elraso guardamar

Postby Babsie » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:51 am

That is so disgusting to take advantage like that I am truly amazed. My hubby was in for weeks and the nurses were so lovely just cant believe any of them could do something like that. Its got to be someone who had the key to security has it been traced back to that person? Just asking as has made me very angry.
Babsie

Postby Christine » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:08 am

The nurses suggested we contact the police and let us take a photo of the document showing the rings going to security so no idea and that's what Police say but surely it's the hospital who are liable. Obviously amongst these are her wedding and engagement and her mother's wedding rings. Disgusting and this is to raise an awareness.
Christine

Postby MacinSpain » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:31 am

What police did you report it to local or Guardia Civil, if no action will be taken by any of these then this need reporting to the National police. You have a paper trail and the person or persons responsible for the security need to provide answers failing this, I would go to the local national and international news, something has to be done this is theft by a lowlife employee of the hospital and will probably continue to happen. They need exposing.
MacinSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:08 am

There is a complaints office down by the cafeteria, perhaps they can help lodge a complaint. I know it's where you go to complain about appointments and treatment but might be worth asking. You need to take a ticket and wait your turn. We waited 2.5 hours and I think it closes at 1 or 2pm.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Christine » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:03 am

It was the Guardia we attended with a lawyer and they didn't even ask to look at the proof on my phone. They say if her son want to persue this he can make a case but he is in UK so difficult but think lawyer is going to have Power of attorney so said will take it up. Still can't believe Gardia said they're aware of these things....
Newspapers have been informed now too
Christine