Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Paul Cunningham Nurses Charity Shop Quesada

Re: Paul Cunningham Nurses Charity Shop Quesada

Postby blingle » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:35 pm

As far as I can see, the OP didn't mention any amounts.

The reply was just nasty and unnecessary...much less than I'd expect from someone who (I THINK) is associated with or supportive of charity shops.

Then again, it was from one of the FFs, so they'll just carry on.
Last edited by blingle on Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby jpeg » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:41 pm

whatis an FFs please
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:49 pm

Just a fair stash of cash, no particular amount was mentioned but some just crave recognition

blingle wrote:As far as I can see, the OP didn't mention any amounts.

The reply was just nasty and unnecessary...much less than I'd expect from someone who (I THINK) is associated with or supportive of charity shops.

Then again, it was from one if the FFs, so they'll just carry on.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Gustav wrote:We don't really need to know the amount, of what others donate to the charity of there choice,
Personally I think its a private matter,
Remember in uk ,
When ,Oxfam, Christian aid, etc used to drop an envelope through your door to place your donation in,?
Thats so the collector didn't know how much or how little you had donated, so couldn't pass judgement, as the charities back then ,were then grateful of any amount,

No amount was mentioned: it was just a post to keep their charity relevant and if I could be there, giving them money, I would be, but 90/180 day rules are stopping me.
Celebrities, the royalty, politicians and wealthy people regularly say how much they give to chosen charities, this is to encourage those with wealth to donate more.
When people do give to charity, ordinary, normal people don’t post sour comments, most are pleased that a charity is getting supported.
Read my post, it starts, I hope it is well supported.
All that matters is for as many people as possible to give anything they can and pray they never need the end of life support they give.
Philipb1407

Postby jpeg » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:08 pm

Good post
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby HPR » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:26 pm

I can't believe my original post asking if the shop in Quesada was going to open on Saturdays, has caused such controversy. Surely the important message is, "Yes it is." So I hope everyone will continue to support the Charity by donating clothes etc. and buying bargains so the the vital and important Nursing work can continue to support those need end of life care in their own homes.
HPR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Gustav » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:32 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:
Gustav wrote:We don't really need to know the amount, of what others donate to the charity of there choice,
Personally I think its a private matter,
Remember in uk ,
When ,Oxfam, Christian aid, etc used to drop an envelope through your door to place your donation in,?
Thats so the collector didn't know how much or how little you had donated, so couldn't pass judgement, as the charities back then ,were then grateful of any amount,

No amount was mentioned: it was just a post to keep their charity relevant and if I could be there, giving them money, I would be, but 90/180 day rules are stopping me.
Celebrities, the royalty, politicians and wealthy people regularly say how much they give to chosen charities, this is to encourage those with wealth to donate more.
When people do give to charity, ordinary, normal people don’t post sour comments, most are pleased that a charity is getting supported.
Read my post, it starts, I hope it is well supported.
All that matters is for as many people as possible to give anything they can and pray they never need the end of life support they give.

I think in a previous post by yourself on a different subject, you have stated amounts given,
if it makes you feel good,
carry on the good work,I'm sure they appreciate it,be it a £1 or £100.
celebrities, politicians, royalty, do they not let us know the amounts to gain press coverage etc and nake themselves look good to the general population, just my view,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:39 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Just a fair stash of cash, no particular amount was mentioned but some just crave recognition

blingle wrote:As far as I can see, the OP didn't mention any amounts.

Then again, it was from one if the FFs, so they'll just carry on.

What's FFs?please.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:54 pm

HPR wrote:I can't believe my original post asking if the shop in Quesada was going to open on Saturdays, has caused such controversy. Surely the important message is, "Yes it is." So I hope everyone will continue to support the Charity by donating clothes etc. and buying bargains so the the vital and important Nursing work can continue to support those need end of life care in their own homes.

For goodness sake, just support the charity. All this faff and sour comments over a post asking for support is far from the original message.
Do note, the only recognition I got the last time I gave them money was the word “thank you”, that was more than adequate for me.
It is we that should be saying thank you to them for the work they do. End of life nursing care, what can be more needed than that….
Philipb1407

Postby blingle » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:51 pm

jpeg wrote:whatis an FFs please

Forum Favourite
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

PreviousNext