Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Paul Cunningham Nurses Charity Shop Quesada

Re: Paul Cunningham Nurses Charity Shop Quesada

Postby JanBee » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:43 am

For goodness sake!!!!
Once again, a simple question was asked and what happens? Another excuse for some unnecessary comments! As HDR said, the simple answer is "Yes, it is!" No need for nastiness! !
Well done to everyone who donated to any charity, no matter how much!!
JanBee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa 2, Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:33 pm

I donated two Sanderson/Bedeck King size quilts once which they sold for €10 each. When I queried why so cheap, I was told that people cannot afford more. But surely, the shop should raise as much money for the Charity and not support the local community.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Philipb1407 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:00 pm

Glassfull wrote:I donated two Sanderson/Bedeck King size quilts once which they sold for €10 each. When I queried why so cheap, I was told that people cannot afford more. But surely, the shop should raise as much money for the Charity and not support the local community.

The bedrooms in Spain are so tiny, I’m surprised you can get a king size bed in! Still 2 tenners is better than a nuffin!

How wonderful is it though that people so kind of heart, find it within themselves to give their time to run a charity shop selling gifted items to raise money to provide, qualified nursing teams to care for those who’s life is coming to an end.
To give love and comfort and reassurance in what is the most fearful of days, to those whose need is most urgent. I could not do it, i could not sit and hold the hand of the dying and pray for them.
It is why, whether I’m liked or not I praise these people and support them. Does it make me feel good. Well yes it does, and so it should.
Even a few cents from many kind souls, makes a difference. Everyone who gives should feel good.
No matter how much one gives it is nothing compared to the gift these selfless people give in time and comfort.
Then there are those, who gift items to sell and gift money so that these people can continue their kindness to raise sufficient funds to allow the nursing teams to continue their quest.
Every cent you give, every book, every quilt, every toy, every item that fills this shop is a worthy gesture. Then there are those who buy, their money helps so much.
Should we be proud of them all, should we hold them in High esteem!. I think so. Let’s all hope that the shop opening on Saturdays is a big success. That lots of money is raised and Paul Cunningham’s vision continues for many years.
Philipb1407

Previous