Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Upgrading property security

If you have had good service and would like to recommend a reputable Company or a Tradesman or woman, please do so here.

Re: Upgrading property security

Postby DTR » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:47 pm

Eufy is very good. Not cheap but very good resolution and fully customizable.
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby OGM » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:01 pm

These are the cameras that I fitted around the property https://www.amazon.co.uk/Topcony-Securi ... ast_sto_dp

They are not available at the moment as they are bringing a new version with optical zoom out soon.
OGM

Postby AP_90 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:12 pm

[I was unfortunate enough to have a break in at the property we bought. Bought the property needing work. Dropped off materials, tools, etc at the property. All windows had Rejas on them, but not doors. I had a local company fit these. Came back out a fortnight later with my brother to do the work and thieves had entered through the back door after busting lock on rejas and then back door. Basically stole everything small enough to carry and sell on. I think opportunists suddenly saw increased security, but no one there and tried it on. We are a bit remote, our nearest neighbour is 200 m away. There is no street lighting. My actions were to get a Securitas direct system fitted, which has 24 hour monitoring. If an alarm is triggered, either by a door or window sensor or one of 3 internal cameras I had fitted. I also had 2 Arlo cameras fitted as part of the system, each covering the front gate and vehicle access gate. You get alerts direct to your phone and can talk via the camera. They call your phone from a 24 hrs/365days a year monitored control centre, if you don't answer or fail to give the correct passwords, they contact the Guardia and have there own people to send out. You get notifications if power goes down on the app, the system has its own 4G connection, it doesn't rely on your internet. If it loses contact as someone is trying to jam it, it alerts the control room. I have had 3 calls, all caused by me, either not cancelling system fast enough on entry to the property and another time I decided to move a monitoring device from one room to another. Calls came in within 30 seconds. I'm sure other companies offer similar services, but this is who I went with. I then fitted 3 external PTV cameras myself. These are linked to my internet. Accessed with an app on my phone. They record any trigger, record it to memory and send an alert to the app. You can view recording or go straight to live view, again you can talk via a speaker or trigger a siren and strobe light. These cover 360 degrees all round property, before anyone would get near to break in. The whole property is now fitted with solar powered security lights, set to come on at constant low level at dusk, but go full brightness if movement is detected. I think I've covered as much as reasonably possible, but if someone really wants in, they will get in. As I said in my earlier reply, just make your property unappealing to the thief and they will move on to somewhere else.][/quote]

Thank you, this sounds like a really good system. Will definitely look into the company you suggested. We just want to make it as secure as possible when we’re not there and I’m hoping we make friends with all of our neighbours! The area we have bought in is mainly residential so hopefully someone can keep their eye on the property when we’re not there.
It seems like a lot of the theft I’ve heard/read about has been opportunists so I suppose it’s just being vigilant and making the property less appealing for them to target.
Thanks very much for all of your advice it’s really helpful!
AP_90

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous