Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New Cycle Lane

Re: New Cycle Lane

Postby Neradd » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:24 pm

Paul M wrote::text-lol:
You’ve clearly got an issue with cyclists Gustav. I always think that all drivers should spend a week or two cycling to see just how vulnerable you are on a bike and how bad SOME drivers really are.

That said, there are indeed many many bad and inconsiderate cyclists who are extremely dangerous! As a driver (and cyclist) I am shocked at some of the driving we all see almost daily in Spain, simply atrocious! Like everything else in life, there’s good and bad.

Paul,
I always think that Cyclists should spend a week or two Driving a Car to see just how much of a menace they are on a bike and how bad SOME Cyclists really are....

I say that tongue In cheek of course.
Because as you quite rightly point out, there are indeed many many bad and inconsiderate cyclists who are extremely dangerous. And, just as many dangerous and ignorant Idoits behind the wheel of a car.

But I do get the feeling sometimes, Once they don the Lycra, Some Cyclists seem to forget they also drive a Car for the majority of the time !!
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Paul M » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:48 pm

Can’t argue with that Noradd
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Archie Fox T » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:46 am

Other roadworks include installing those bollards at the urn left into the shops at benimar
You now have to drive past yellow rose of Texas and turn at roundabout to come back down the road and turn left into shops
Similar on the way out left to roundabout and back down towards McDonald’s
This will increase traffic for residents
Don’t think it improves traffic flow as I have been driving up in benimar several times sine the work was completed last weekend
Archie Fox T

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montisinos

Postby Lulu » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:57 am

Perhaps cyclists should also be treated the same as car owners ie full insurance as a vehicle owner and the Suma as car drivers pay! Especially as the big groups take over the roads!
Lulu

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Big Wheeler » Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:27 pm

I can see no reason why cyclists over a certain age( 16,18 ?)should not have to register and insure their machines.They can and do cause some accidents,some fatal.They should also be required to wear hi-vis clothing and display lights at night.Having attended many safety courses over the years,the first thing you are told is that primarily YOU are responsible for YOUR own safety.At the moment it seems that cyclists are absolved from any responsibility.No defensive riding for them.And,yes,I do have a bicycle myself.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Previous