Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

BURGLED IN QUESADA.

BURGLED IN QUESADA.

Postby Mac davies » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:32 pm

Hi everyone, just a heads up, we came back to our “Happy place “ today only to discover we have been burgled,not many words to sum up a feeling for this invasion of your home, which we have worked all our lives for.
The stress just trying to contact who and where in this situation is overwhelming,we are here for a relaxing week and don’t know where to start…
I won’t say the exact location but it’s the area around the aqua park, don’t worry about locking your doors, they have just ripped the locks off ours and pulled a safety chain and another lock out of the wall to gain entry.
In the hands of the local police at the moment but any recommendations for a locksmith, or someone who fits security bars for a small side door would be a great help.
Mac davies

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: BURGLED IN QUESADA.

Postby marcliff » Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Sorry to hear that, seems to be a few such events around that area and it's terrible when that happens. The feeling of invasion is worse than losing some items which can be replaced (hopefully). Just the thought of criminal scum wandering around is the thing you can't shake off.

A few locksmiths around, JD locksmiths who advertise on the left and Dave Beck at Lock and Key on 620 627 640. Probably be able to advise you on a security bar.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Shiva » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:04 pm

By the time you read this post you will have sorted most necessary things. Marcliff has given you details of good locksmiths. So on just now seeing your post I just want to sympathise. Not what you want to find arriving at your holiday home. If there are specific outstanding things needing sorting, please say, and I am sure people will be able to make good suggestions.
Shiva

Postby Mac davies » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:29 pm

Thanks a lot both, police arrived and were very helpful, Locks been replaced so just picking up the pieces…
Marcliff, you should run for president my friend, get my vote every time.
Mac davies

Postby Tinker » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:23 am

So sorry to hear that, unfortunately there's a lot of it going on at present, please be vigilant everyone.
Tinker

Postby Nodwas » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 am

Hi, So sorry to hear of your break-in.
I can recommend Grill-Us for security grilles gates etc.
www.grill-us.com. Speak with Julian on 679 756 272
First class job, reasonable price.
Nodwas

Postby nenny » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:19 am

Hi
Don’t forget to make a report at the Guardia Civil, not sure which office Rojales comes under. But you will need this for your insurance claim. We come under Algorfa so had to go to Almoradi, would think yours would be Torrevieja.
Photos are also useful.

The Guardia are really helpful and will get you a translator if you need one, there was no charge.
nenny

Postby marcliff » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:22 am

Guardia Civil are at the Quesada municipal town hall on C/Blanca on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby JustGinger » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:54 am

Mac davies wrote:Thanks a lot both, police arrived and were very helpful, Locks been replaced so just picking up the pieces…
Marcliff, you should run for president my friend, get my vote every time.

And mine!
JustGinger

Postby Mac davies » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:40 pm

Thanks everyone, all repairs done, police were very good, Almoradi to sort the insurance claim out and “hopefully” start enjoying this lovely Weather!
Just a heads up on the Guardia municipal, Marcliff mentioned Tuesday and Thursday for appointments, (correct as usual mate!) but it takes a week to get in for an appointment with them, The one in Almoradi is much quicker (the following day but you need a translator)but this appointment can be made from our local Guardia municipal opposite Goyos restaurant.

Sincere thanks for all the help and advice, so very helpful.
Mac davies