Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

It’s cold and windy and wet! .. so memories of hot days..

It’s cold and windy and wet! .. so memories of hot days..

Postby Philipb1407 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:19 pm

Just how cold and just how windy and just how wet can it get. There was a slight glance of blue in that grey leaden sky, I blinked and it was gone.
I had just looked up the words for Mr Blue Sky by ELO and wham (not the pop group) it was gone, I stood staring at grey paint drying or so it seemed but not a spot of blue could I see.
So to brighten my day, I opened my camera app and looked at the views across Ciudad Quesada.. not a cloud in the sky, blue wall to wall.
Across the green of the golf course and the hill where big shopping are the sky above was clear. Ahhh for those hazy, lazy days of summer.
The cold ice clinking in the glass of Gin and Tonic, the sound of children splashing in the pool. The smell of charcoal sizzling the chicken drumsticks.
The squinting of eyes as you’re blinded by the sun. Those ohhhs and ahhhhs of delight all because the sun is shining bright.
Yes Quesada I can’t wait to see you again.

So all I can do is remember those bygone days and see what sticks in my mind most.

For me it was my nephew in laws visit, he drank a little too much and at 1.00 am, as 11 of us sat in the garden he asks, “hey do you go skinny dipping”, “yes” I said “when no one is around”!
He stood up walked towards the pool and dropped his shorts, got in the pool and swam around in his birthday suit, he came out backwards and went sideways to the villa door, he dressed and came back ever so smug.
I said “did anyone see anything” they answered “no”. I said “let's have a replay”, I stood up walked to the pool turned left, went in the house, picked up my iPad came and sat down, they all thought I was going in the pool, I said “Dean, you know we have cameras don’t you”! He nearly died right there and then! I replayed it, sent a copy to his wife, his daughter said where do you keep the bleach I want to wash my eyes, his wife sent it to her cousins in the USA, we were wetting ourselves laughing, by now Dean was trying to hide under the table. For days we laughed over this. He’s never lived it down.

Anyway what’s your memories hope they are all happy ones.. do let us know..

W3 are getting ready to come back to CQ as soon as we can.
Philipb1407