Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Great site - getting thrashed.

Re: Great site - getting thrashed.

Postby Maccaloon » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:06 pm

This site has been incredibly valuable to me so it would be a shame to lose somebody who contributes to what makes this place so great.

Ignore the toxic people.
Maccaloon

Which part of Spain are you from?: London (currently)

Postby Ralflillyamber » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:23 am

This is my first post, I haven't as yet moved to Quesada.
Your posts, along with many others are a great help to not only residents but for many wannabes like myself.
We need people like yourself on this forum, your knowledge and experiences not only help existing residents but many prospective residents.
These bullies are and always will be everywhere, we should all ignore them, as no replies to their posts is the best weapon.
Hopefully you will continue posting for many years.
Ralflillyamber

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, quesada

Postby HarvHar2018 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:56 am

And not one sign of them on this post, that's refreshing and rare, lets hope this positivity continues
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:29 am

How refreshing it is to read the comments from nice, genuine people. It restores one’s faith in humanity.
At the end of the day don’t we all want to live life to the full, enjoying our time on this planet.
I woke up this morning, and had my wife in stitches laughing, because I normally say, hoy wench, get outa bed an make me a cup of tea and a slice of toast, that’s swiftly followed by Get lost you old g*t
This morning I said good morning sweetheart, please be so kind as to make me a slice of tea and a cup of toast!
She said that is definitely the crazy world you live in!
So to all you genuinely nice people, I wish you a bright and wonderful day. Every day.
Philipb1407

Postby Northoftheeast » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:59 am

Well said!
Northoftheeast

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Gustav » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:12 am

Pobs,
Toast dipped in Tea,
Also oxo, bovril pobs,
Its a northern thing,
If you were poor like us and didn't have an egg at breakfast you dipped your toast in your tea,and dry toast at that.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby blingle » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:37 pm

HarvHar2018 wrote:And not one sign of them on this post, that's refreshing and rare, lets hope this positivity continues

I thought the same.

The obvious Top 3 are conspicuous by their absence. Maybe their devices are broken so they can't be scanning TQ all day!!!

Don't challenge Them, for They are not to be challenged!!!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:08 pm

Gustav, many people didn’t have eggs for breakfast years ago. The fact you gave Bovril would suggest you were well nourished! I loved a cup of Bovril when I was young. Most English people ate or drank Marmite and still do. My daughter in law and son in law both love the stuff. I have to have it in the cupboard at home and in Spain, such is their love for it.
I’ve no idea what age you are but I remember when I was young we were encouraged to believe that too many eggs were bad for us so that may be the reason you didn’t eat them every morning.
Cereal and tea and toast were the norm and for me, still are!!!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:17 pm

Arghhhh talking about food is making me hungry… if I weren’t taking my Moho in for pneumatic self levelling jacks, I’d be cooking now.
Mmm marmite on toast.. nom nom nom nom nom….
Philipb1407

Postby mondo » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:56 pm

Gustav wrote:Pobs,
Toast dipped in Tea,
Also oxo, bovril pobs,
Its a northern thing,
If you were poor like us and didn't have an egg at breakfast you dipped your toast in your tea,and dry toast at that.

We called them pobbies where we lived in the northwest.. Bread broken up in hot milk...yum

And if I was really good I could have the largest half of the egg.

Don't let people get you down. I must have saved hundreds, or maybe thousands of euros by using forums when first buying over here. I also have made friends with people who we have met on forums, some we have had now for over 20 years. Just ignore negative people and enjoy the nice helpful folk, the latter vastly outnumber the former.
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

PreviousNext