Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Great site - getting thrashed.

Re: Great site - getting thrashed.

Postby Gustav » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:18 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:Arghhhh talking about food is making me hungry… if I weren’t taking my Moho in for pneumatic self levelling jacks, I’d be cooking now.
Mmm marmite on toast.. nom nom nom nom nom….

What's a Moho?
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:27 pm

Gustav wrote:
Philipb1407 wrote:Arghhhh talking about food is making me hungry… if I weren’t taking my Moho in for pneumatic self levelling jacks, I’d be cooking now.
Mmm marmite on toast.. nom nom nom nom nom….

What's a Moho?

Motorhome..
Philipb1407

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:09 pm

I got the Moho (motorhome) I wanted the UFO
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:23 pm

Saw a ufo over Quesada early doors one morning, last year,
Gustav

Postby Philipb1407 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:41 am

Gustav wrote:Saw a ufo over Quesada early doors one morning, last year,

No one would have believed in 1952 that they could make a Martian fighting machine look so menacing.
The original “war of the worlds” film is in my opinion the greatest sci-fi ever made, followed by the original “The day the earth stood still”
But I am a sucker for old b&w B movies of that period. As well as the Gangster movies. James Cagney and the like.

While the pretty watches dancing, sewing or clay being thrown, I’m immersed in ‘B’s….

You tube has its uses,,
Philipb1407

Postby sasbambam » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:43 am

You are correct. I feel the same and I don’t come on the site as much as I did for that very reason. I suppose we should feel sorry for them , they must have nothing better to do !
sasbambam

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:56 am

sasbambam wrote:You are correct. I feel the same and I don’t come on the site as much as I did for that very reason. I suppose we should feel sorry for them , they must have nothing better to do !

Yeah it is very sad, all I did was promote a very worthy cause and got a lot of stick for it. It’s like strange.
I am approaching my 66th birthday, I’ve been retired 10 years but still owned my business, I gave half of it away over 10 years to a management team and on 29th January 2024 sold my remaining 55% shareholding to them, 46 years of hard work.
So now I’m giving money to charity. Paul Cunningham nurses is one of them, I have several others that I support.
People so kindly supported my business and made it internationally well known and liked. It is a very profitable concern. Many people were employed and built a great future for themselves.
It allowed me to give my son a great future.
So rightfully I am very proud of my achievements in life.
And why not. What is wrong with being proud of being kind, of being generous, of being grateful.
Whether you give zero or give millions surely just being kind is more than sufficient in life.
Philipb1407

Postby blingle » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:33 pm

It's been MUCH better on the forum over the last week or so, with the Usual Suspects mostly appearing to have quietened down.

Well done to Philipb1407 for pointing out the issues.

Long may it continue!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Philipb1407 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:31 pm

I have to admit, it’s been very nice posting comments and giving advise based on our own findings and experiences.
No doubt some of the things we suggest are useless or don’t apply, a lot do and have been taken on board, it’s nice when good ideas and thoughts do help.
One obvious but thing I never thought of, was to turn off my water going into the house, when we leave it for months on end, someone suggested it and I thought
Jees it’s something I should do.
It’s only a small thing but it’s ideas and suggestions or reminders like these that help. And make a difference
I’ll be there next month. Can’t wait everything is booked up.
Philipb1407

Postby StormBoy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:54 pm

:text-goodpost:
blingle wrote:It's been MUCH better on the forum over the last week or so, with the Usual Suspects mostly appearing to have quietened down.

Well done to Philipb1407 for pointing out the issues.

Long may it continue!
StormBoy

Previous