Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

electric prices

electric prices

Postby pete25 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:04 pm

im with iberdrola and on the stable tariff, but i used to be on the 8 hr in my other property and thinking about changing back to the 8 hr
do i qualify for cheap rate on the weekend and red days ? with either
trying to work out which is cheapest is hard ( need a degree in math )
think i might just swap for a month and see what difference is
your thoughts !
pete25

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Re: electric prices

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:39 pm

Change supplier, go over to Octopus Energy.
Easy to understand your Bills all in English.
Great Communication if needed.
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby Steve wilkins » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:17 pm

I was under the impression that the cheap rate on weekends and red days was across the board, regardless of tariff, but i'm open to correction on that. As for the 8hr tariff, its what i'm on and my electric bill is low, providing i use the bulk of my use during those 8 hours. I would contact iberdrola and see if you will be penalised by the gas surplus charge though by changing. I'm under contract so it doesn't affect me, but you might if you change.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby babaracarson » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:41 pm

I tried to change to Octopus. They said they had no agents that spoke English. Left my number in the end and a vnice lady gave me new contract details in spanish which was confirmed, in spanish, by sms.took over an hour. Rang couple of days later as unsure if they had my correct email address. already sent a text and email but had no reply. When I finally got through was told they had no record of any of this.gave up and went to iberdrola. same day endesa(octopus)set up my contract which I have now cancelled. was not impressed at all
babaracarson

Which part of Spain are you from?: los montesinos

Postby Jabberwocky » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:26 pm

babaracarson wrote:I tried to change to Octopus. They said they had no agents that spoke English. Left my number in the end and a vnice lady gave me new contract details in spanish which was confirmed, in spanish, by sms.took over an hour. Rang couple of days later as unsure if they had my correct email address. already sent a text and email but had no reply. When I finally got through was told they had no record of any of this.gave up and went to iberdrola. same day endesa(octopus)set up my contract which I have now cancelled. was not impressed at all

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Octopus (always been good with me and I don´t speak Spanish)
try looking at there website if you still want to change its easy online...click the link below to view Tariffs etc
https://octopusenergy.es/unete
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby YogiBear39 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:57 pm

Has anyone actually moved to octopus and noticed a difference in the monthly bills
YogiBear39

Which part of Spain are you from?: SWANSEA