Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair at Dublin Airport.

Ryanair at Dublin Airport.

Postby Murt » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:12 pm

I flew in yesterday.

Ryanair staff at Dublin Airport were making a lot of people put their hand luggage into the measuring yoke that they use, and issueing them with an on the spot fine when it wouldn't fit snugly. Some of the baggage being selected looked small to me, but measurements were being strictly enforced.

Didn't notice them using the device the last few times I travelled, and but I'm just posting to let people know it's still there, being rigidly enforced, and not worth the risk (IMO)
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Re: Ryanair at Dublin Airport.

Postby Bee » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Same at Alicante Airport Departures. Do they get commission for everyone they charge with the extra baggage?

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Gasgit » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:57 pm

Been abused for years, why do people complain when the measurement is clearly stated, my partners bag is mms oversize because of the wheels, got pulled asked for a receipt so she could get her money back as she bought it from Ryan air, she kept a straight face and got away with it, incidentally it goes under seat,I’m still laughing
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Maccaloon » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:33 am

When I was over in Spain in Jan, EasyJet did the same thing. Two young girls were taking clothes out of a rucksack and multi-layering to hell.
Maccaloon

Which part of Spain are you from?: London (currently)

Postby Nolant » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:10 am

I have to say I fly Ryanair a lot and am always curious about these posts.I actually work for their competition but I use them (Ryanair )because they are reliable, totally transparent with their information and communication and offer great prices. Unlike many of their competitors What's not to like :)
Nolant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby wilbhoy67 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:55 am

easyJet at Glasgow are notorious for this.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Bee » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:58 pm

Nolant as you work for an airline maybe you can tell us if they earn commission every time they nab somebody at departures and make them pay the extra charges.

Bee
Bee

Postby Bee » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:45 am

This article says it all. It is easy for Ryanair to ring with their sheepish apology blaming the handling agent. Why have the handling agents so much authority that there is nobody in charge who can make a sensible decision in cases like that. Could they not have just quietly taken the cup and then given it to one of the flight crew to bring it on board and give the winner of the cup the bit of recognition he deserved plus publicity for Ryanair.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/gol ... m_term=1-0

Bee
Bee