Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Eu pet passport

Eu pet passport

Postby morgan536 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:50 am

Hi

Have any dog owners who are resident in the UK. Had any problems recently using a recently EU issued pet passport when entering Spain or France from the UK?
morgan536

Which part of Spain are you from?: Swansea

Re: Eu pet passport

Postby no1buoy » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:52 pm

We purchased animal health certificate from local vets then got tapeworm treatment before coming home everything went ok
no1buoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del segur

Postby morgan536 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:05 pm

We used to do that but got a eu passport while over there.
morgan536

Which part of Spain are you from?: Swansea

Postby Alan M » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:53 pm

You will find it easier to use an eu pet passport than a Uk issued pet passport. No need then for vets to give you a travel certificate for your pet. The downside is that your pet will need to have a rabies jab yearly as that is the eu rule but can be done with its pre travel check. Vets costs in Spain are generally cheaper than the Uk as well. Hope this helps.
Alan M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Kevin & Carol » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:26 pm

We have just come through France with our dog today and we got our Euro dog passport early last year, the vet said the rabies jab last for two years and she gave us the due date already for next year do we don’t mess it up.
On cost just one journey on a uk pet passport cost us over £450 and it only last for 4 months then you have to do it again. All vets in the uk charge different prices, after talking to another uk dog owner and it only cost them £375.
Kevin & Carol

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Bee » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:34 pm

I am wondering why you think it might have changed. Vets in Spain will issue you an EU Pet passport quite legally using your Spanish address which is acceptable to UK authorities. There was talk of UK/EU adopting the one Pet Passport but I haven't heard any more about it.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby ajkechadwick » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:42 am

We got an EU pet passport the first visit following the Brexit change we still had a year to run on rabies. The following year our vet (Patricia in La Marina village) gave us the option of a one year or a three year rabies injection both at a fraction of the cost of U.K. vet bill. We naturally went for three years and have had no problems whatsoever but have not travelled through France Spain only.
ajkechadwick