Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Red wine in a plastic bottle

Re: Red wine in a plastic bottle

Postby elchedave » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:36 pm

Philipb1407 wrote:Whooo hoooo yeah! Wait a min where’s the nearest outlet! Can I take the 8 litre water bottles.. closest to ciudad Quesada would be nice…

There are several Bodega type bars in Guardamar that sell wine out of the barrel, simply take your own container, ask, fill & pay.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby daz » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:29 pm

I note you say you can’t drink red wine for the side effects, oddly enough exactly the same for me. Haven’t drunk red for many years.
A couple of months ago I tried a cheap bottle from mercadona, expecting it to be disgusting because it was cheap. firstly I couldn’t believe how good it tasted and most important no side effects what so ever. It’s called fuldencio, 0.75L, and only 1.49 a bottle! All I can say, is at that price give it a go, you may be lucky and it turns out to be ok for you too.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby mondo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:11 am

Philipb1407 wrote:Whooo hoooo yeah! Wait a min where’s the nearest outlet! Can I take the 8 litre water bottles.. closest to ciudad Quesada would be nice…

There is a little local shop in Rojales with barrels of wine, just round the corner from restaurant Unico.
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:34 am

mondo wrote:

There is a little local shop in Rojales with barrels of wine, just round the corner from restaurant Unico.
There's also a bodega now in the Rojales weekly market every Thursday.
Bought some excellent port there last week - and of course they expect you to try before you buy :)
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 am

I’m not intending to be “upish” but I detest the idea of drinking my wine out of a huge plastic container. Mentally, I like to see the bottle being opened freshly. The cost of a bottle of wine in Spain is SO cheap at the best of times.
I have a feeling that if I was living permanently in Spain, I might change my mind. I heard a friend of ours saying that they now buy in a Bodega so it is possible I could change my mind. I have bought on a couple of occasions cartons of wine and they were fine and extremely cheap.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Martin the artist » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:33 am

Not a fan of the cartons, but if you buy from a bodega you transfer it in a plastic bottle and then you can decant it into a glass decanter like I do with my port.
I have learnt that it's not to do with price - some of the nicest ones I've tried are cheap, but everyone has different tastes & I also prefer at least a crianza wine (and reserva or gran reserva for special occassions).

And I believe the bodega's 'abuela' wine is extremely nice too :)
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:53 am

Mac3blade wrote:I’m not intending to be “upish” but I detest the idea of drinking my wine out of a huge plastic container. Mentally, I like to see the bottle being opened freshly. The cost of a bottle of wine in Spain is SO cheap at the best of times.
I have a feeling that if I was living permanently in Spain, I might change my mind. I heard a friend of ours saying that they now buy in a Bodega so it is possible I could change my mind. I have bought on a couple of occasions cartons of wine and they were fine and extremely cheap.

I’m with you, honestly I don’t really drink a lot, but I do like a cold white with a good meal I like JP Chanet Sauvignon or Grand Sud Merlot Rose’ ice cold glass bottle and that cork popping, mmmm, where as my wife’s family can drink wine out of a 5 gallon tank, glug glug, I need to put the cork back in after 2 glasses, saying that I do like an occasional glass of Brandy too and again go for JP Chanet, but I can’t handle more than a double in one session then it’s like one every other month. I go months and months between having a drink. But as soon at that sun starts burning my back, it’s a ice cold San Miguel and a ice cold white with a Paella.. heaven..
I have never been able to drink more than 3 pints of beer, it makes me feel ill. When it’s cold weather like in the UK I never touch alcohol..
Philipb1407

Postby jpeg » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:28 am

About time you bought a decent bottle the wines you mention are no way near as good as the top wines you can get from a barrel
I drink a lot of wine and have done for the last 70 years and find some of the wines from Spain are amongst the best in the world
A bottle a day makes the doctor go away
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Philipb1407 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:39 am

jpeg wrote:About time you bought a decent bottle the wines you mention are no way near as good as the top wines you can get from a barrel
I drink a lot of wine and have done for the last 70 years and find some of the wines from Spain are amongst the best in the world
A bottle a day makes the doctor go away

I’m coming to yours, you need help in drinking good wine.
Philipb1407

Postby jpeg » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:47 pm

No help needed thanks
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

PreviousNext