Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Be Aware Sabadell Card Hacked Bank Refuses To Reimburse

Re: Be Aware Sabadell Card Hacked Bank Refuses To Reimburse

Postby p0066680 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:04 am

In the UK I have found an effective persuader to state, truthfully, that I am a long-term subscriber to Which? and have complained in the past to Which? and consumer champions in the national UK press about very poor service or clear evasion of commercial responsibility.

In the UK at least, that's worked every time. British companies do not want bad publicity.
p0066680

Which part of Spain are you from?: alicante

Postby Paul M » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:23 am

In the UK at least, that's worked every time. British companies do not want bad publicity

Unfortunately, many Spanish businesses don’t seem to give a *#+* about their reputation or their customers!
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:40 am

Any bank being told of this type of theft would immediately stop your card and reissue a new one to you so I’m hoping your bank has done this. I think it’s an absolute disgrace that your bank didn’t tell you where exactly the transactions were made. They know the time and date and location and you could prove that you were elsewhere. What a strange bank. I think I’d write to the CEO of Sabatel and tell him/her your experience. This definitely doesn’t sound like a professional way to treat a valued customer. Don’t take this sitting down. Fight for your rights please.
Should the transaction have taken place in your locality, sit down and think where and when you used your card. If at the ATM, was there anyone behind you? Could there have been a tiny camera on the machine? Don’t give up.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Gustav » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:46 pm

Paul M wrote:In the UK at least, that's worked every time. British companies do not want bad publicity

Unfortunately, many Spanish businesses don’t seem to give a *#+* about their reputation or their customers!

Good post exactly correct
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gustav » Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:47 pm

Martin77 wrote:My Mastercard issued by Sabadell in Quesada was hacked taking €100, €100, €100 and then €50 all within minutes to the same payee. When reporting this to the bank in Quesada I was asked to make a report to Guardia Civil and take the report back to them which I did. On seeing a different employee I was told the report was not necessary as they would write a report and send it off.

Within 2 days I had a reply saying that the transactions had been carried out correctly and my claim is denied. I then asked for more details of these payments, but was told to go to my bank branch for more information where I was told they have no information so cannot help me giving me the banks security mail address. I set down exactly what had taken place including my Guardia Civil report adding that 4 payments to the same payee in a couple of minutes should have sent the red flags flying as being fraud payments. All I have received back from security is they have already explained their decision leaving me with €350 stolen from my card account where any security simply does not exist with the card issuer and Sabadell bank rejects all responsibility.

I think it reasonable to assume Master Card, Visa or any other card that is hacked the card issuer nor the bank will rectify this theft, so if you have a card and it is hacked assume you will never be reimbursed so the bank will continue to take their commissions leaving everyone with any loss incurred using their cards ... I have cancelled every credit card.

Historic's with Sabadell, I was charged €90 for a Gold Card and when I went to the Quesada branch to complain the employee said but the charge for your gold card is €90 to which I replied I do not have a Gold Card and I have never ordered a Gold Card. 4 Months later the same thing happened again as have unbeknown charges taken from my account that had to be reimbursed.

Why not go in , and ask for the complaints book to make a formal complaint, is that possible?
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby telmel » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:52 pm

My Caja Rural debit card was hacked about three years ago, someone spent over 600 euros on i tunes !!
When i went in to complain i pointed out that it couldnt have been me , besides being of a certain age i never buy online music
They investigated , it took a few months but i got my money back eventually
They also compensated me because they should have given me it back within 14 days apparently
Also they told me where the transactions were made, in Ireland
I did not have to report it to the guardia
They have upgraded their security now, i have to go through a two stage security system to transfer payments online, a lot more secure than before
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Previous