Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Be Aware Sabadell Card Hacked Bank Refuses To Reimburse

Be Aware Sabadell Card Hacked Bank Refuses To Reimburse

Postby Martin77 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:14 pm

My Mastercard issued by Sabadell in Quesada was hacked taking €100, €100, €100 and then €50 all within minutes to the same payee. When reporting this to the bank in Quesada I was asked to make a report to Guardia Civil and take the report back to them which I did. On seeing a different employee I was told the report was not necessary as they would write a report and send it off.

Within 2 days I had a reply saying that the transactions had been carried out correctly and my claim is denied. I then asked for more details of these payments, but was told to go to my bank branch for more information where I was told they have no information so cannot help me giving me the banks security mail address. I set down exactly what had taken place including my Guardia Civil report adding that 4 payments to the same payee in a couple of minutes should have sent the red flags flying as being fraud payments. All I have received back from security is they have already explained their decision leaving me with €350 stolen from my card account where any security simply does not exist with the card issuer and Sabadell bank rejects all responsibility.

I think it reasonable to assume Master Card, Visa or any other card that is hacked the card issuer nor the bank will rectify this theft, so if you have a card and it is hacked assume you will never be reimbursed so the bank will continue to take their commissions leaving everyone with any loss incurred using their cards ... I have cancelled every credit card.

Historic's with Sabadell, I was charged €90 for a Gold Card and when I went to the Quesada branch to complain the employee said but the charge for your gold card is €90 to which I replied I do not have a Gold Card and I have never ordered a Gold Card. 4 Months later the same thing happened again as have unbeknown charges taken from my account that had to be reimbursed.
Martin77

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Re: Be Aware Sabadell Card Hacked Bank Refuses To Reimburse

Postby Gustav » Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:29 pm

How did they hack your card?
They must of had your code numbers for it to payout?
How did they get your code?
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Martin77 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:02 pm

I dont know how the code was obtained as I am most security conscious, however, the Guardia Civil officer for my report suggested it could have possibly been hacked. In the alternative any purchase on the internet where you have to give the security code could have been abused by those entrusted with confidential information. In 22 years of banking in Spain and over 40 years in the UK this type of theft has never occurred.
Martin77

Postby harleyclose » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:52 pm

Did they indicate where the person withdrew the money from was it local or was it done over the internet
harleyclose

Which part of Spain are you from?: elraso guardamar

Postby Juanita » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:44 pm

I bank with Sabadell. My card was used in Aldi in the USA for two fraudulent transactions amounting to approx 200 euros. My card was safely in my wallet in my handbag at the time!!
The bank were very good and did refund the total amount.
When I asked how this could have happened I was told that the card info may well have been taken from an online transaction. These fraudsters are very clever.
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Martin77 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Hi Harleyclose, as stated Sabadell will not give me any information.

Juanita I would be pleased to receive anything you received from Sabadell regards your refund and anything that confirms Sabadell would or did confirm they would refund you loss as this would be very helpful.
Martin77

Postby Darro » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:59 am

Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Angela17 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:30 am

I bank with Sabadel and my card details were somehow stolen for an attempted online transaction. Thankfully the details of the purchase came up on my phone for me to authorise through the app, twice, in quick succession.
Needless to say I went into the app, stopped the card and reported it stolen, then ordered a new one.
Angela17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Annier999 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:48 am

Have you tried to "Claim Charge" for each transaction, stating non receipt of items? Just go in through the card and select the transaction. The option to claim charge will appear. Thet advised me to do this when their fraud team was unable/unwilling to help. It took a week or two, as they go to merchant for proof of delivery etc. Eventually all transactions were cancelled in full. I found that they were helpful and understanding at their HO, but I did have to struggle to keep my cool!
Annier999

Postby Martin77 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:18 am

I would like to thank everyone for their very kind help in trying to assist me in the recovery of the €350 taken from my Master Card and will be applying the suggestions put forward by Darro and Annier 999. I will of course update on the final outcome once this is finalised.
Martin77

Next