Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

TRANSFER OF MONEY SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT TO UK

Re: TRANSFER OF MONEY SPANISH BANK ACCOUNT TO UK

Postby panchotaff » Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:35 pm

Thank you
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby daz » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:58 pm

No matter what your bank or any bank, tells you, ANY currency exchange service will give a far better amount of cash for you at the end of it. Mostly lost in poor exchange rate despite convincing you of ‘no fees’ or good rate and some fees. Currency exchange service such as Wise, and ‘currencies direct’ or any number of others. Check some out. Good luck
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Kingy0 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:25 pm

The only thing I would caution you on that usually once a sale of the property is completed, normally you get a bankers draft which has to be paid into a Spanish bank account. I have been told that it is not paid directly into your account. I could be mistaken but this is what I have been told.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby AnneDC » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:09 am

When I sold my villa I had the proceeds paid directly into my currencies direct account which avoided Spanish banks totally and so no charges :D
AnneDC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Sierra de Maria

Postby MacinSpain » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:28 am

panchotaff wrote:I am in the process of selling my apartment. I have been told that the sale proceeds will be paid into my spanish Sabadell account

Which is the best currency transfer company to use please?

Also I use Wise to transfer money from my UK Account to my Spanish account. Has anybody used Wise to transfer money from Spanish account to their UK account and if so was the process fairly easy

Thank you

I just sold my property and had the money paid directly into my wise euro account you can then decide when the best time is to transfer it to your UK account, you do not have to have it paid into a Spanish account where no doubt you'll get charged an extortionate amount for sending it to another transfer company.
MacinSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby jpeg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:55 pm

Kingy0 wrote:The only thing I would caution you on that usually once a sale of the property is completed, normally you get a bankers draft which has to be paid into a Spanish bank account. I have been told that it is not paid directly into your account. I could be mistaken but this is what I have been told.

The sale proceeds can be paid anywhere at your request if it is legal
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Kingy0 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:59 pm

MacinSpain wrote:
panchotaff wrote:I am in the process of selling my apartment. I have been told that the sale proceeds will be paid into my spanish Sabadell account

Which is the best currency transfer company to use please?

Also I use Wise to transfer money from my UK Account to my Spanish account. Has anybody used Wise to transfer money from Spanish account to their UK account and if so was the process fairly easy

Thank you

I just sold my property and had the money paid directly into my wise euro account you can then decide when the best time is to transfer it to your UK account, you do not have to have it paid into a Spanish account where no doubt you'll get charged an extortionate amount for sending it to another transfer company.

This is good news, I'm glad the days of bankers drafts are over, it's never made sense when it's easier to do bank transfers. I wonder if it's up to the notary you use though? Needs a bit of looking into when coming to sell.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby panchotaff » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:20 am

Many thanks for your comments and advice
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Previous