Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Selling property

Re: Selling property

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:02 pm

blingle wrote:We're considering selling up, mainly because of some of the seriously suspect Spanish laws.

We've had a few incidents with squatters in our area...and living somewhere where the law clearly isn't interested in protecting home owners seems less appealing than it used to.

I mean...we've been told the "contact the police within 48 hours and they'll remove the squatters" thing isn't true in reality.

How mad is that?!

Mind you...having squatters in an area certainly seems to help line the pockets of the alarm system companies!

We had intruders.
The blighters just ripped my cameras off the wall! Ok they didn’t get in the house.
This was the very first invasion of my property in my whole life, so I found it shocking that the police were not interested.
Although angry (if I’d caught them they would have been in intensive care for a while,) it has not caused me any problems except my lovely who locks us up like a jailer.
It’s a good reason to leave.
If we leave and buy again I think I’d head for a gated community with security.
I am still itching to go, but I am so undecided stay or go? Mmmm.
Philipb1407

Previous