Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Selling property

Selling property

Postby Philipb1407 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:06 pm

There seems to be a lot of people asking about moving money when selling their property.

My question is, how many are selling up and leaving Quesada or surrounding areas? It’s not who is leaving, more it’s just how many?.
I Would love to read about their reasons for going as well as those arriving. I have noticed around me that a lot of Europeans are buying former British owned property.
Have the Brits particularly been hit hard?
Philipb1407

Re: Selling property

Postby Gasgit » Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:40 pm

My guess would be Brexit related 90 day or old age and selling up without the hassle while prices are high, and many Dutch Belguim and French are realising how good it is here
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby panchotaff » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:45 pm

I own a holiday home and I'm selling for health & age reasons
panchotaff

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby shemarg » Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:59 pm

I’m moving but staying here
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:45 am

People come & go. The Spanish housing market is quite buoyant at the moment and property that is sensibly priced is not staying on the market for long. (I'm not an estate agent :) ). We've had 2 apartments sell within 2 weeks in our block.

I don't think that Brexit is having much effect on Brits leaving, those that wanted to leave will have already left during the last 8 years. Old age and health reasons may be a dominant reason to return to the UK.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby bass2112 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:00 am

Philipb1407 wrote:There seems to be a lot of people asking about moving money when selling their property.

My question is, how many are selling up and leaving Quesada or surrounding areas? It’s not who is leaving, more it’s just how many?.
I Would love to read about their reasons for going as well as those arriving. I have noticed around me that a lot of Europeans are buying former British owned property.

for me, as i am thinking of selling up, is brexit. i retire in december and was looking forward to spending a good few months in spain in one hit, i also have friends/family in other European country's and brexit has had a big effect on that too. that would be my reason if i do decide to sell.
bass2112

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:30 am

bass2112 wrote:
Philipb1407 wrote:There seems to be a lot of people asking about moving money when selling their property.

for me, as i am thinking of selling up, is brexit. i retire in december and was looking forward to spending a good few months in spain in one hit, i also have friends/family in other European country's and brexit has had a big effect on that too. that would be my reason if i do decide to sell.

I know the feeling, Im Sat here in the UK just dying to get over to the villa. I’ve another 4 weeks to wait yet…then it’s only 12 weeks in Spain. I will not be there July/August/September, so leaving us Oct-Nov- Dec.. again Jan Feb and March is in freezin UK..to change I have to lose time in Spain.
It benefits no one having such silly regulations, least of all Spain.
I get my state in July, I might think about getting rid in Quesada and buying a lot closer to Calais, so I can come and go easier, somewhere like La Rochelle so I can get there by car in 1 day..
It would then not be too expensive to do, 1 month UK 1 month holiday home repeat.. etc.. I could then jump in with an occasional 2-3 weeks in other European countries?
Philipb1407

Postby Gustav » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:01 pm

Yes but Northern France don't get the sunny weather as much as Costa blanca,
That why French come here,
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Philipb1407 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:22 pm

Gustav wrote:Yes but Northern France don't get the sunny weather as much as Costa blanca,
That why French come here,

I know, I know. Decisions decisions.
Spain coz the sun shines
France coz country is beautiful
England cos it rain all the time..
Philipb1407

Postby blingle » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:21 pm

We're considering selling up, mainly because of some of the seriously suspect Spanish laws.

We've had a few incidents with squatters in our area...and living somewhere where the law clearly isn't interested in protecting home owners seems less appealing than it used to.

I mean...we've been told the "contact the police within 48 hours and they'll remove the squatters" thing isn't true in reality.

How mad is that?!

Mind you...having squatters in an area certainly seems to help line the pockets of the alarm system companies!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next