Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Firestick won’t work

Firestick won’t work

Postby Joolz » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:56 am

Hi everyone,This morning my firestick won’t work,it won’t even come on.don’t know if it’s to do with my internet or not.My Internet box has 3 small yellow dots on top of box which are power,PON and WLAN. I am sure that there are usually more yellow dots that flash.Please help me,I’ve no tv on.I am 60 and not at all technical.You lovely people have always helped me in the past.Thank you.
Joolz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Firestick won’t work

Postby Bee » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Your internet just might be down.
Is there power going to your TV?
Does your Firestick have its own power connection back to a socket if so check that the socket is on.
Do you connect your home internet to your phone or laptop if so check that you have a wifi connection from your router.
Lastly turn off your internet box/router at the socket and leave it off for a count of 10 and turn it back on again. Let the internet box go through all its rebooting sequence - give it 3/4 minutes and see if the lights are blinking on it and if your wifi signal is back and your Firestick working.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby jpeg » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:18 pm

Please let us know if the problem has been sorted
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby telmel » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:58 pm

telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Darro » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:14 pm

If lack of internet connection is the problem then it should tell you so with a "Network Connection Lost" message.

If it's not doing that then either it's not getting any power or conceivably it's died.

No problems with either of my two Firesticks!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Joolz » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:20 pm

Hi bee,thank you for your reply.I was bored so I’ve been out for a couple of hours.Ive tried everything it’s still not working.my phone uses our internet and my phones ok.I think it’s the internet that doesn’t have a strong connection because there aren’t any flashing yellow dots on the top of the internet.I will go down to vega fibre tomorrow.Thank you for your help Bee,it’s much appreciated.
Joolz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Bee » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:41 pm

Two other possible things.

1. How is your Firestick powered. Is there an independent wire going from the back of the Firestick to a socket. The Firestick shouldn't just die unless it is not charged and as Darro said it would give you a message on the TV screen if it wasn't getting a wifi signal. It doesn't sound like a weak wifi signal.

2. If it is just blue screen TV then perhaps the HDMI port hasn't been selected on the TV for where the Firestick is plugged in. Try the Firestick in a different HDMI port on the back of the TV if you have a second HDMI Port on the TV.

We have Fibra internet and a Firestick and the speed is very good. Telmel there would be other apps on the Firestick even if the TV App was cut off. Joolz says the Firestick is not connecting to the TV.

Bee
Last edited by Bee on Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bee

Postby jpeg » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:16 pm

Firesticks need a power supply but do not need charging
jpeg

Postby Bee » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:32 pm

Sorry Fred I stand corrected and I corrected my post. What I should say is sometimes the supply from the TV isn't good enough to power it which is why it is best to have it plugged into its own independent supply.

Bee
Bee

Postby jpeg » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:28 pm

You are dead right Bee that is the source of most problems with Firestick not enough power
jpeg

Next