Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Change of Address

Change of Address

Postby Mjt222 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:26 am

Good day all, could anyone advise me of the process to change address for my car and driving license having recently moved house ?

I understand for TIE I have to basically do the application process again but was wandering about my car and drivers licence specifically

Thanks in advance
Mjt222

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Re: Change of Address

Postby elchedave » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 am

Mjt222 wrote:Good day all, could anyone advise me of the process to change address for my car and driving license having recently moved house ?

I understand for TIE I have to basically do the application process again but was wandering about my car and drivers licence specifically

Thanks in advance

Your location says El Raso, if you are still there or anywhere else within Guardamar you can do both car & driving licence at the ayuntamiento. We did ours there when we moved to Guardamar.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Paul Uden » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:48 am

If that doesn't apply you can do it on the DGT website by accessing MiDGT using your digital certificate or clave: https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/ or download the MiDGT app and do it on there.

You can also dial 060 and do it by telephone, visit a DGT office or pay a gestor to help you. I don't think it is possible at Rojales town hall if you are now resident there, but some other town halls can do it.

It is free to do it yourself and should be done within 15 days of your move.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Bee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:35 pm

Would the SUMA office change the address for the car documents as they do the car tax?

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul Uden » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:26 pm

I don't think so Bee. They may be kind and help, but it's not their job. You could say the same for the town hall or anywhere really though. A gestor would be best someone needs help.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Bee » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:58 pm

The DGT could give Correos a few more of the everyday tasks people have to do like a change of address. Particularly if the change is within the same Ayuntamiento catchment area and make it all simpler for people.

Bee
Bee

Postby jpeg » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:07 pm

Some Correos do that
jpeg

Postby MacinSpain » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 am

[quote="Mjt222"]Good day all, could anyone advise me of the process to change address for my car and driving license having recently moved house ?

Thanks in

My solicitor has just done all this for me and my wife, you need a digital signature, she has changed all addresses, and I'm told by her you do not need to go through the process of getting your TIE changed until nearer the expiry date as the address has been changed with the digital signature, also you only need to carry your driving licence as this has proof of identity on it. So don't waste your money going through the process until you have to. She did this all on line at a very good price.
MacinSpain

Postby Mjt222 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:53 am

MacinSpain wrote:
My solicitor has just done all this for me and my wife, you need a digital signature, she has changed all addresses, and I'm told by her you do not need to go through the process of getting your TIE changed until nearer the expiry date as the address has been changed with the digital signature, also you only need to carry your driving licence as this has proof of identity on it. So don't waste your money going through the process until you have to. She did this all on line at a very good price.

Thank you, very helpful, will ask ours if she can do the same for us, albeit our TIE expire later this year so will get it all done as soon as I think
Mjt222

Postby Darro » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:26 am

Mjt222 wrote:our TIE expire later this year so will get it all done as soon as I think

The TIE was first introduced on June 6th 2020 and is valid for 5 years, ergo none can be due to expire in 2024.

Perhaps you actually mean your residency dates from before that and you are approaching your 5 years but if that's the case then by all accounts they will not renew TIE's until 3 months before their date of expiry.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral