Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

TV Streaming problem

TV Streaming problem

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:08 pm

Has anyone got RJK as their Internet service provider (ISP) Since about a week ago our TV programmes have been repeatedly freezing. All is well upto about 13:00h, then the problems start for the rest of the day making viewing absolutely intolerable. RJK say the problem lies with Fresh TV, our IPTV provider, but our IPTV provider says it lies with RJK.
Harry Epsom

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Re: TV Streaming problem

Postby jpeg » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:36 pm

Is the stick or box plugged direct into the mains or into a usb on the tv
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:02 pm

Thanks jpeg, but that isn’t really relevant as these factors have remained unchanged and provided a trouble free service for many years, that is until about a week ago, and only after about 1p.m. every day when serious freezing starts. It seems most likely to be a bandwidth problem, being unable to cope with a surge in viewers in the afternoon, but RJK denies this could be happening.
Harry Epsom

Postby jpeg » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:11 pm

If the fault is with RJK then there would be a lot of complaints about them in the various forums and there has not been sounds like it is a problem with your IPTV provider
I think that Fresh TV is based in Canada and your troubles seem to be starting when they wake up in the morning just a thought
I have many friends in your area and a lot use RJK and have had no complaints from them
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:26 pm

Thanks again jpeg. Your friends probably use the IPTV box bundled with the RJK service. We have one, which does work perfectly well, but we have always used the Mag box provided by Fresh TV, because it has many more channels than the RJK one, and it is only with the Mag box we have recently started having the interruptions. Worldwide users would have been waking up at the same times for years and not caused any problems prior to the trouble starting, so that can’t be a reason.
Harry Epsom

Postby lindylou23 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:41 pm

How old is your Mag box. We have been with Fresh TV 9 years and using their Mag box. Telfy is our provider.

The only time we had a problem like yours was after about 6 years, picture freeze, slow on the remote to react.

Tried all the usual reboot etc, ok on occasion but majority of time sheer frustration with freezing which we had never encountered before.

So we bought a new box from Fresh and problem stopped, they mentioned that their system records all the time and box will slow over time, through usage.

No idea how true that is, but it most certainly solved our problems.

3 years on never had anymore issues.... yet
lindylou23

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Harry Epsom » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:13 pm

Hi lindylou 23, our Mag box is date stamped October 2021.
“how true that is” is difficult to discern with Fresh TV, as I find them intolerant and usually ready to blame the user, (who has done nothing), when things go wrong. In this case they are blaming the inadequacy of the RJK bandwidth. Problem is who to believe.
Harry Epsom

Postby Darro » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:50 am

lindylou23 wrote:they mentioned that their system records all the time and box will slow over time, through usage.

No idea how true that is
Not at all is the answer!
It makes no sense either from a technical or customer care viewpoint so total BS I would say.

They make it sound like a car which needs regular servicing to maintain performance!
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Graham_Lynn » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:45 am

Harry Epsom wrote:Hi lindylou 23, our Mag box is date stamped October 2021.
“how true that is” is difficult to discern with Fresh TV, as I find them intolerant and usually ready to blame the user, (who has done nothing), when things go wrong. In this case they are blaming the inadequacy of the RJK bandwidth. Problem is who to believe.

That’s an easy one to prove, run some speed tests during the day. If you say it’s ok up to 1pm run a test before then and then run another test when it starts to buffer..

What’s the model number of your mag box? Does it need an update? They are fairly old hat now. The android type boxes are much nicer to navigate.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Harry Epsom » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 am

Thanks Lynn, ironically updating it was one of the things Fresh TV talked me through as a possible cause, and blamed me because the auto update was set to off, even though I would never have delved into such depths.
Anyway, the latest update has made no difference.
I am taking the box to test it on a friend’s system this afternoon, with a different ISP, so if it continues freezing on his system it won’t be a problem with my ISP. I’ll let the forum know the outcome.
Harry Epsom