Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Moors and Christians Parades

Moors and Christians Parades

Postby Phoenix » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:35 pm

Can someone give me some info please? I have family coming over at the end of June & they have never seen a Moors & Christians Parade. I believe Rojales have theirs at that time & although I've been on the ayuntimiento website I cannot find anything about it for this year. I need to know dates, times, programme & route so I can get them there and park all in good time.
TIA.
Phoenix

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Moors and Christians Parades

Postby Martin the artist » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:33 am

The programme won't be out for at least another month, so this is my best guess:_
The moors & Christian parades are the culmination of a month of fiestas in honour of the town's patron Saint, San Pedro, whose day is June 29th which is a Saturday this year.
The parades are usually the following Saturday & Sunday which would make them July 6th & 7th possibly.
There will be events throughout June too starting with the chupinazo water fight which I'm guessing could be June 16th.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Moors and Christians Parades

Postby Phoenix » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:09 am

Thanks. Perhaps you could post more info when available ? If the parades are July 6 & July 7th my family will be gone by then, so will miss them once again.
:text-thankyouyellow:
Phoenix

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Return to Quesada general discussion