Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What’s Your Favourite Restaurant

Re: What’s Your Favourite Restaurant

Postby Toonlass » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:49 pm

Grumpy Italian on Avenida de Las Naciones. But you have to book.

Went there 2 weeks ago food good his attitude stinks. Was told to pay the bill with Claudio who was sitting in the back as he has the card machine. I said to him “usually the machine eud brought to the range” his response was “don’t come back again”
I told him I had used his restaurant for years but that I definitely wouldn’t be returning.
Toonlass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby janlesaint » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:19 pm

JustGinger wrote:Grumpy Italian on Avenida de Las Naciones. But you have to book.

What is the actual name of this restaurant please? My other half loves good Italian food. TIA Jan
janlesaint

Which part of Spain are you from?: Bigastro

Postby sunworshipper » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:26 pm

Restaurante O’Pazzo Italiano
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Postby JustGinger » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:28 pm

janlesaint wrote:
JustGinger wrote:Grumpy Italian on Avenida de Las Naciones. But you have to book.

What is the actual name of this restaurant please? My other half loves good Italian food. TIA Jan

I thought it was Il Ristorante. It's on Avenida de Las Naciones in the same block of bars and restaurants that includes La Taberna (great Spanish bar) Zaiqa (brilliant Indian restaurant) Pinxtos and Da'Silvas.
Last edited by JustGinger on Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JustGinger

Postby jpeg » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:33 pm

sunworshipper wrote:Restaurante O’Pazzo Italiano

https://restaurantguru.com/Grande-Italia-Ciudad-Quesada
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby JustGinger » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:24 pm

jpeg wrote:
sunworshipper wrote:Restaurante O’Pazzo Italiano

https://restaurantguru.com/Grande-Italia-Ciudad-Quesada

Just going by the sign outside! ;-)
JustGinger

Postby maisiesdad » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:19 am

Grumpy Italian is one of our favourite restaurants. Its always busy which says a lot about the quality of the food when old grumpy is so rude. He doesn't take cards and I enjoy asking him 'anything off for cash' it really winds him up.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby BancoSoleado » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:05 pm

We're lucky that we live within a few minutes walk of the parade of bars and restaurants that includes the grumpy Italian!

However my new favourite in that parade is Zaiqa - the Indian restaurant. The food is plentiful and delicious and the service is great. They now know us well enough to have drinks ready and guess (usually correctly) what we'll order.

I have tried all the Indian restaurants in the Quesada area and Zaiqa is by far the best. We come from West Yorkshire and lived close to an Indian restaurant that won national awards for ten years. The food at Zaiqa is just as good.

And the best thing is that they do an early bird - before 8pm. Two courses for €13.95 including a bottle of wine per couple. And unlike other Indian restaurants in the area they do not skimp on the portions on the early bird.

I would recommend it highly and will be there tonight - before 8pm. I from Yorkshire, after all!
BancoSoleado

Postby JustGinger » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:08 pm

BancoSoleado wrote:We're lucky that we live within a few minutes walk of the parade of bars and restaurants that includes the grumpy Italian!

However my new favourite in that parade is Zaiqa - the Indian restaurant. The food is plentiful and delicious and the service is great. They now know us well enough to have drinks ready and guess (usually correctly) what we'll order.

I have tried all the Indian restaurants in the Quesada area and Zaiqa is by far the best. We come from West Yorkshire and lived close to an Indian restaurant that won national awards for ten years. The food at Zaiqa is just as good.

And the best thing is that they do an early bird - before 8pm. Two courses for €13.95 including a bottle of wine per couple. And unlike other Indian restaurants in the area they do not skimp on the portions on the early bird.

I would recommend it highly and will be there tonight - before 8pm. I from Yorkshire, after all!

Completely agree. Best curry in the Quesada, Benimar, El Raso area. And fantastic value. It's almost warm enough now to be sitting outside and watching the flamingos fly over!
JustGinger

Postby AnnetteD » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:02 pm

BancoSoleado wrote:We're lucky that we live within a few minutes walk of the parade of bars and restaurants that includes the grumpy Italian!

I’m also from West Yorkshire and struggle to find a decent curry in Quesada. I’ve tried Zaiqa twice and wasn’t impressed. First time was when it first opened so gave it the benefit and left it a month or so to bed in. Second time wasn’t any better. I’ll try one more time in the hope it’s improved as it’s close to where I live.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

PreviousNext