Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Credit card cloned?

Credit card cloned?

Postby Mr Scoopy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:51 pm

Hi , when checking my bank statement online I noticed a few unauthorised debits from my account, the majority were by Amazon.es when I checked my amazon account there were no transactions shown!
So it appears someone has managed to use my card details to set up another account with my card details and get items sent elsewhere!
I blocked the card , and now amazon who will not supply me with any details of the transactions say I must contact my bank and get the forms etc to get a refund, the bank said I have to go to the police and report it.
From where I am sitting Amazon are at fault for allowing my credit card linked to my account to be used to set up another , has anyone else had this happen to them? and how did you resolve it?
Mr Scoopy

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Re: Credit card cloned?

Postby sunworshipper » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:19 pm

Report it to the bank . If they are online transactions, and you deny making them and they cannot prove you received the goods by signing for them , it is a chargeback and the bank have to refund your money
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 24210168 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:05 am

The bank will require a police report though - denuncia.

Which part of Spain are you from?: Zarrra

Postby Mr Scoopy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 am

24210168 wrote:The bank will require a police report though - denuncia.

Do you know which police station this can be done at?
Mr Scoopy

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby jpeg » Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:12 am

Almoradi Guardia Civil
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby John Mugglestone » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:42 pm

If it’s a genuine company eg Amazon the police will not issue a denuncia I had the same problem with Amazon who refused to stop Prime out of my account I had to change my card to stop them as they will not reply to you. So, I no longer use Amazon robbers.
John Mugglestone

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cuidad Quesada

Postby jpeg » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:46 pm

The police have no option to issue if you make a lawful complaint
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Juanita » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:32 pm

Mr Scoopy wrote:Hi , when checking my bank statement online I noticed a few unauthorised debits from my account, the majority were by Amazon.es when I checked my amazon account there were no transactions shown!
So it appears someone has managed to use my card details to set up another account with my card details and get items sent elsewhere!
I blocked the card , and now amazon who will not supply me with any details of the transactions say I must contact my bank and get the forms etc to get a refund, the bank said I have to go to the police and report it.
From where I am sitting Amazon are at fault for allowing my credit card linked to my account to be used to set up another , has anyone else had this happen to them? and how did you resolve it?

I have had this happen to me. My card details were used in Aldi in the USA. I bank with Sabadell, I rang them and explained that I had not used my card in the USA, at the time it was used I was here in Spain!. Spoke to a very nice chap who immediately cancelled my card and issued me with a replacement. He set the wheels in motion for a refund of the amounts deducted which I received within a week. No need for a denuncia.
Juanita

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Chris Smith » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:42 pm

How awful! Contact the bank and report card fraud.
Chris Smith

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada