Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Question about roundabouts

Re: Question about roundabouts

Postby jpeg » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:28 am

jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 pm

jpeg wrote:"I think the left hand lane should be for going left or straight on if it's a duel carriageway."

If it is a dual carrageway then if going straight on you should be in the nearside right lane

Yes, i am of the opinion that both lanes should be used to go straight on, with the left lane only, additionally being for turning left.
Last edited by Steve wilkins on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Steve wilkins » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:43 pm

Darro wrote:Regardless of where it is if another driver deliberately accelerates to twhart or interfere with your manoeuvre it's your responsibility to make a pontentially hazardous situation safe, or safer, if you can, not make it worse or a collision inevitable.

BTW, it's DUAL carriage way not DUEL, although in some circumstances that might be debatable!

That darn predictive text again.

But yes i agree.

By the way.... It's THWART not TWHART & potentially not pontentially
Steve wilkins

Postby jpeg » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:54 pm

TOUCHE
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby pedrosloggett » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:05 pm

If you were on a straight piece of road and in the left hand lane you wouldn't expect to just cut across traffic in the right hand lane to make a right turn, even less so on a bend. A roundabout is just a long bend. The left hand lane is therefore an overtaking lane only.
pedrosloggett

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Gasgit » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:46 pm

Best way is to drive for a few roundabouts with a Spaniard, really strange the way they drive, my English advice 1 get out in front 2 if not possible for 1 hang back until you have safe passage just remember they could be Swedish or Italian or French all have strange driving habits compared to us be aware & if possible polite
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Big Wheeler » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:26 pm

The DGT advice for dealing with roundabouts is the same.If you are taking the first exit approach using right indicator.Any others use left indicator until you approach your intended exit.Roundabouts must ALWAYS be exited from the right lane.For example.If I am following a slow lorry around the roundabout,the lorry and me will be in the right lane.If he indicates to turn off onto a dual carriageway so will I.However the lorry will take the right lane of the dual carriageway and I will take the left lane of the dual carriageway to overtake.The law is that all exits from roundabouts should be via the right lane.Any incidents caused by individuals not doing so will render the culprit automatically at fault.If people want to use the left lane at a roundabout as a short overtaking lane,the risk is theirs.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Bee » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:47 pm

Except where you are specifically signaled into the left lane with an arrow. The roundabout we use to access our property from N332 has a left lane arrow as we approach the roundabout. We have to take the 2nd exit. I would be made a battered tin can of if I tried to go around in the rh lane.

Bee
Bee

Postby Paul58 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am

Steve wilkins wrote:
jpeg wrote:"I think the left hand lane should be for going left or straight on if it's a duel carriageway."

If it is a dual carrageway then if going straight on you should be in the nearside right lane

Yes, i am of the opinion that both lanes should be used to go straight on, with the left lane only, additionally being for turning left.

Which is probably why they are changing the entry/exits on some roundabouts to single lanes.

The cars in the right hand lane always have priorty. So if you cut in front of a car in the rh lane to leave the roundabout then any collision would be your fault. (even if the numpty is driving all the way round the roundabout in the right hand lane)
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Big Wheeler » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:44 pm

Bee wrote:Except where you are specifically signaled into the left lane with an arrow. The roundabout we use to access our property from N332 has a left lane arrow as we approach the roundabout. We have to take the 2nd exit. I would be made a battered tin can of if I tried to go around in the rh lane.

Bee

That is a specific instruction for a particular location where the preferred route is indicated by an arrow.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

PreviousNext