Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Guardamar beach sellers

Guardamar beach sellers

Postby Pauline.fontana » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Is it me being miserable,
but l find it very annoying when on the beach lam constantly mitherd to death by these hand bag sellers when l told them to stop l was met with a barrage Of abuse in front of my granddaughter
Cherrybobs
Pauline.fontana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo bravo

Re: Gaudamar beach

Postby mondo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:03 pm

I must say I have also had these handbag/knife/watch/sunglasses/tat sellers approach me... but they have always gone quietly away after I tell them "no gracias"..

Perhaps yours was having a bad day..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Guardamar beach sellers

Postby Jan » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:15 pm

Same here - Just a wave of the hand, nod of the head seems to work for me. I think also the knack I believe is to try not to look at them directly as we can generally see them coming and I just look down as if I'm doing something.

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby scubydoo » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:13 pm

Hi I think they are going to have a clampdown on them it was reported that they were going to start in Torrevieja soon usualy they just go away no problem.
scubydoo

Postby Pauline.fontana » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:34 pm

No l don't think l was having a bad day l think when your a women on your own they seem to think they can intimidate you ,
it's different when a mans there ...
I have noticed when my husband is there it's a different beast
Cherrybobs
Pauline.fontana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo bravo

Postby mondo » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Pauline.fontana wrote:No l don't think l was having a bad day l think when your a women on your own they seem to think they can intimidate you ,
it's different when a mans there ...
I have noticed when my husband is there it's a different beast

I didn´t say that YOU were having a bad day, I said that perhaps the looky looky man was having a bad day..

We all have ém....

mondo

Postby Andrew Hardy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:47 pm

I saw recently in the press that the police are about to start a clampdown on all fake goods being sold so I suppose that will affect them and the ones on the markets.
Shame for them really, they're only thing to earn a living! And I don't personally buy into the theory that fake goods affect the companies that produce the originals by millions on the basis that the person who pays 40 euros (or whatever they charge) for a hooky Rolex has denied the company a turnover opportunity of some £35000 as he would probably never pay it, nor afford it, in the 1st place.
Andrew Hardy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby wobblypete » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:50 pm

i think it is the way people speak to them, i notice that a polite but firm "no Thank you" seems to work. And usually there are enough people around with phones that the Looky Looky man would not risk drawing attention to himself. Personally i would rather these men did a semi honest job on the beach earnng a living than breaking into houses etc, where will they go & what will they do if driven off the beach.
But some people snap at them which does not help.
Hands up anyone who has not bought something from them because it is cheap or convenient.
wobblypete

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Janjan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:01 pm

We always said that if the Police were that bothered they would use Plain Clothes Offiers to catch them and agree they are only trying to earn a living. Not Burgling Property and Mugging people. You might have noticed that they don't get employment in Spanish Shops. A lot of people like to buy fake goods especially when they are on Holiday.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Mickey Braw » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:18 am

The thing is, with the looky looky men, if you let them think there is the slightest chance of a sale, they will pester you.
If you are not interested, don´t even glance at what they are selling and just give them a polite but firm "No gracias". Then do not engage in any other conversation. Leave the door ajar, in anyway and you are inviting your own problem.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada