Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Quesada fish & Chips.

Re: Quesada fish & Chips.

Postby Jan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 pm

snackman5048 wrote:A few days ago there was an interesting discussion on here regarding the quality of the chips at " Quesada Fish & Chips." this comment will most likely be removed!! The general consensus was that the quality of the chips has deteriorated to such an extent that they are basically not fit to eat. As I commented on the original topic I have been in the job for many years and I know what they are doing wrong. I will not go into the specifics as I am sure that the the "Management" at Talk Quesada will most likely delete this post. A "word to the wise" if members are only allowed to pass complimentary comments and not basically be truthful regarding a business known on this forum, I am not sure that I am comfortable in being a member of a forum which does not allow members to be truthful in their comments. I am fully aware that it is possible that derogatory comments can be passed in order to damage the reputation of a business, but I am attempting to warn the owner of Quesada Fish And Chips that he is in danger of ruining his business. The original topic has been removed as I am sure this one will be and possibly my membership !!

You wrote that you have" been in the business over thirty years".

:think:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby TonTri » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:47 pm

[/quote]If those who complain ever ran a forum such as this they would realise that we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't...It is not easy to syphon out comments when the destructive or vindictive comments start to outweigh the good balanced comments on a topic and if someone has an "axe to grind" we have to err on the side of caution to not allow to show a generally decent restaurant in a bad light.[/quote]

It is also difficult to weed out the trolls and you find them on every forum.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:49 pm

TonTri wrote:
If those who complain ever ran a forum such as this they would realise that we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't...It is not easy to syphon out comments when the destructive or vindictive comments start to outweigh the good balanced comments on a topic and if someone has an "axe to grind" we have to err on the side of caution to not allow to show a generally decent restaurant in a bad light.[/quote]

It is also difficult to weed out the trolls and you find them on every forum.[/quote]

:text-goodpost:

Yes exactly!
:text-thankyouyellow:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby brandyboy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:50 pm

I often phone down to QFC and order a takeaway for collection.
Whenever I go there the restaurant is packed out, I have had no complaints about the food or the service. I know people who come to QFC from as far away as the Hondons and even Pinoso, they seem happy to do that.
This restaurant has, for sometime now been the butt of criticism much of which in my experience has been unwarranted.
Isn´t it strange how many builders are quick to criticise the work of other builders, perhaps the same applies to chip fryers?
brandyboy

Postby emwood » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:38 pm

We also feel Quesada fish and chips has gone downhill, having had upset stomachs the last twice we ate there, also the condiments are being reduced in choice with tartare sauce being charged for. And finally I fail to understand why well controlled dogs are not allowed in the outside area as is normal practice in the vast majority of eating establishments in this area.
emwood

Postby linkwater » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:51 pm

I've nothing against dogs but wouldn't eat in a restaurant that allowed them even on the outside. I seem to remember QFC gave the reason why they weren't allowed and at the time it seemed a reasonable reason.
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Chico Latino » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:24 pm

linkwater wrote:I've nothing against dogs but wouldn't eat in a restaurant that allowed them even on the outside. I seem to remember QFC gave the reason why they weren't allowed and at the time it seemed a reasonable reason.

I do not have any pets, and have nothing against them being in an area where I am am eating. Though if you do not like dogs sitting in an eatery, then I am afraid you are in the wrong country. This is standard practice in Spain. When in Rome...........
Chico Latino

Which part of Spain are you from?: Do a Pepa Quesada

Postby linkwater » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Maybe I've just been lucky for 13 years or choose to eat in places that don't allow it. Dogs do what sometimes dogs do, if you're ok with that then fair enough.
Select Air Conditioning – Mark White
Email: [email protected]
Telephone:
Fixed line: 966719362
Mobile: 647 171 531
linkwater

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:29 pm

What people have to remember is that we have to balance fair criticism with criticism from competitors and trolls - it's very hard sometimes.

Also if there is bad language, arguments or rudeness this will get removed as we do not want Talk Quesada going to same way as other forums and not being friendly and helpful.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby Curious » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:56 pm

I think my comment was removed. I have never criticised the food. My gripe was being turned away at 8.30 on a Friday night in August because we had arrived too late. I am not a troll or vindictive but as a fairly regular customer I was really offended at being turned away so early in the evening. I agree, the management should take heed. Why spoil a good thing??
Curious

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

PreviousNext