Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

A new life in the sun

A new life in the sun

Postby Babu » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Series 3 starts daily from Monday at 5pm Spain time on C4 . . .
We stayed at Jo and Alice's place in France (from series 1&2) when we drove out last summer and they were exactly as they appeared on the programme . . Nice place and people . .
Hopefully there will be some content from near here this series . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: A new life in the sun

Postby Tootandploot » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:51 pm

We stayed at Jo and Alice’s place after seeing them on the programme!! They are just as they were on the programme, flipping chaos, they should’ve paid us to stay there. How they are still in business I will never know. We turned up after a 12 hour drive and I had precooked dinner on arrival. We arrived to no one there, they had gone home, and another guest found us a room with a key in so we camped in there (turned out it wasn’t our room as I had booked double and this was twin) after finishing off the remnants of our packed lunch. Couldn’t find a cup without flies to make a cuppa so went through to the kitchen to clean one and did an about turn and decided not to bother. Jo and Alice turned up next morning and thought it was hilarious. They went off to make breakfast and we haven’t seem them since. We left our payment and beat a hasty retreat.
Tootandploot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby polop » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:34 pm

Tootandploot wrote:We stayed at Jo and Alice’s place after seeing them on the programme!! They are just as they were on the programme, flipping chaos, they should’ve paid us to stay there. How they are still in business I will never know. We turned up after a 12 hour drive and I had precooked dinner on arrival. We arrived to no one there, they had gone home, and another guest found us a room with a key in so we camped in there (turned out it wasn’t our room as I had booked double and this was twin) after finishing off the remnants of our packed lunch. Couldn’t find a cup without flies to make a cuppa so went through to the kitchen to clean one and did an about turn and decided not to bother. Jo and Alice turned up next morning and thought it was hilarious. They went off to make breakfast and we haven’t seem them since. We left our payment and beat a hasty retreat.

And you paid???? That's a bit rich!
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Tootandploot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:10 am

Yep! As we drove off, I did think ‘why did I just do that’ but we were more concerned with getting out of there and getting food!
Tootandploot

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 am

makes you wonder if the place was legal and up to health & fire safety standards ,with those comments, :shock:
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Babu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:39 am

Isn't it strange how you can have completely differing experiences at the same place . . .
Whilst Tootandploots isn't something you would want after a long drive (or at any time), ours was relaxing and refreshing, the only thing that stopped us jumping into their sizeable pool was a thunderstorm about to kick off.
The place is rustic but nice and in a beautiful location with great countryside views. Alice certainly comes across as Scatty but not in a bad way and we were treated like family rather than guests and the included breakfast was good. The restaurant is closed Tuesday's which is when we stayed so can't comment on that.
We would happily return there . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Tootandploot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:55 am

It will be interesting for us to see if they do appear in the series. It certainly is in a beautiful setting and is very rustic, that was part of the charm and appeal. However, the beds were clean, but I draw the line at living in such close proximity with wildlife, dead or alive!!

As for health and safety, forget it!!
Tootandploot