Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pay as you go internet

Pay as you go internet

Postby ChrisTOPHER123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:19 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get portable pay as you go internet. I have seen little boxes in the mobile phone shops here in England but have been told they don't work in Spain. I want something that I can connect several devices to (mine, wife, childrens'). I would use this when I am in Spain only during school holidays and other breaks. Any help or advice would be most welcome.

thank you

Chris
ChrisTOPHER123

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Pay as you go internet

Postby Potjoe » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:05 pm

You get a 3-4G router from Amazon that use a dongle and sim say from 3 pay as u go plug it onto a usb cable and upto 5 or more can log on,then when you come to Spain get a Tel-fon dongle and SIM card pay as u go plug this in to your usb cable and router and I think that is it all should work.
Potjoe

Which part of Spain are you from?: Sucina spain

Postby Dot » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi, I looked into this seemed a lot of hassle so just us wifi in bars etc.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Lolly18 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:40 pm

Called into Media Markt at La Zenia last week when we were over.

They had 3G for €89 and a 4G €169 plug and go mifi - you purchase a SIM card and email the sim provider to switch it on and off or pause it but with a spanish mobile you have to keep the SIM card topped up.

Opted for getting a more permanent option instead.

L
Lolly18

Postby ChrisTOPHER123 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks to everyone so far for your messages. I will use the bars etc.whilst I am out and when I have had the work completed on my house in Quesdada I will have a more permanent connection.
Presently I am moving back and forth from England and want a connection temporarily for the evenings when I am in the rented place so I can contact family at home in the evenings. Please keep the advice coming thank you.
ChrisTOPHER123

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:32 pm

When we bought our iPad some years ago,we went for a3g version which gives us the option of buying a pay as you go SIM card which costs €25. Initially,we thought it was great but my husband does FANTASY GOLF AND FANTASY RUGBY so when he started to download all the weekly winners,we ran out of credit!
We spoke with our neighbour who agreed to allow us to benefit from his internet connection. Each occasion we are in Spain,we give him €10 regardless of whether or not we are there for a week or a month. So far,this has worked well for us...he is happy with the €10 euro and so are we! Look for a suitable neighbour ! Good luck,Rosemary.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby sunworshipper » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:41 pm

I have a MIFI. You can connect up to 8 devices to it. I took mine to Egypt and bought a data SIM card there and it worked great.
I got my MIFI from eBay . It was locked to Vodaphone but I got it unlocked so now I can use it on any Network, anywhere in the world.
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Postby scottydog » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I have a wifi dongal from 3 in the UK £15 a month and 15GB per month.
You can connect up to eight devices to it and three do not charge for roaming in Spain, France, Italy, Ireland USA and a list of others.
Works well for me, but you can only have 60 days abroad on this deal.
Scott
scottydog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa

Postby Murt » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:48 pm

I bought this unlocked wifi dongle from Al Express. Took about 4 weeks for delivery.

Works in Ireland so I'm sure that it will work in Spain.

It means that you will be able to buy an Orange, Movistar, Vodafone sim card from whatever supplier has the strongest mobile signal for where ever you are living. I could have bought locally but this was the cheapest.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unlocked ... eb201560_9
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Shiva » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 pm

I have used an unlocked MI-FI with a spanish sim - ( nought it from amazon in the uk. An unlocked Huawei MIFi costs about £30 - £40. This works but can still be expensive. I had a spanish vodafone sim in the past which worked ok ( i.e I don't remember it being OTT as to price, I was probably putting c 30 euros on it per month for general internet ( no streaming or games) . I lost it though and this year got a sim from Masmovil at the Computer shop in Quesada . But I found it really expensive - the sim itself was c 25 euros and I found it ate 40 euros credit within a matter of about 5 days. Then I had to try to go from 'bundle' to bundle' 1 Gb at a time ( 9 euros per 1GB ) . Just email and web browsing but it still seemed to eat 1Gb more or less every couple of days. HENCE if your time is less than the 60 days in a year mentioned by an earlier poster the UK 3 deal which allows Spanish roaming is probably best value. If longer, I would shop around on the Spanish Sims...
AT LONG LAST for me I have a more permanent solution with skynetlink which is a 50mpbs fibre connection ... 24 euros per month ( though installation was expensive.Still much better...)
Shiva

Next