Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

airbox lite tv box

Re: airbox lite tv box

Postby dr.doolittle » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 am

alistair1965 wrote:Hi all,

Just as an addition, if your somewhere desperate to see sport, mostly sky but others too, if you have a decent internet connection then visit http://www.nutjob.eu I watched the Formula 1 yesterday live (it was in india, I was in Korea), it came through great, of course I needed laptop to see website, and connected laptop to telly to watch at a decent size.

I'm guessing that nowadays these 'smart tv's' can connect directly to internet websites? and viola you can watch sports for free.

Rgds,
Alistair

and there is another company, Costa Smart tv, claim you can get all uk tv all sky movies and sports plus loads more, on off payment 129 euro, its so confusing,
dr.doolittle

Postby JeremyB » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:57 am

There are a range of options if you want to Stream live sports. The best site for links is http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports although some of the streams may contravene copyright so be aware.
JeremyB

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Postby dr.doolittle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 am

Well after a lot of thought we went for the BRIT BOX and glad we did, you get everything others are charging silly money for, all sky movies, all sky sports, bt sports al Jazeera, loads of other films and I mean loads, far to much to mention, last night I watched the very first episode of The Vicar of Dibly, at the moment we are running on 3 meg internet and was a slight buffering but Friday we are having 6 meg installed, its so easy to set it up.
prices start at 129e ours cost 181e as we went for the posh remote and had it delivered by courier, but last night was using remote from 129 package and its so easy, (not brave enough to use posh remote yet), with the more expensive package you get the 2 remotes. :D :D :D

forgot to add, its a one off payment.
dr.doolittle

Postby charliekdy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 am

dr doolittle where did you buy the britbox from ??
charliekdy

Postby dr.doolittle » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Costasmart tv.
dr.doolittle

Postby Jan » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:00 pm

dr.doolittle wrote:Well after a lot of thought we went for the BRIT BOX and glad we did, you get everything others are charging silly money for, all sky movies, all sky sports, bt sports al Jazeera, loads of other films and I mean loads, far to much to mention, last night I watched the very first episode of The Vicar of Dibly, at the moment we are running on 3 meg internet and was a slight buffering but Friday we are having 6 meg installed, its so easy to set it up.
prices start at 129e ours cost 181e as we went for the posh remote and had it delivered by courier, but last night was using remote from 129 package and its so easy, (not brave enough to use posh remote yet), with the more expensive package you get the 2 remotes. :D :D :D

forgot to add, its a one off payment.

Hi Doc,
Does it work better now you have 6 meg - for example no buffering?

Jan
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby dr.doolittle » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:40 pm

no buffering, enjoying films, sports etc.
dr.doolittle

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 pm

Have used all IPTV hardware as I have to bug test and provide support with all this type of equipment.

Subscription free IPTV, cannot argue with all the free content and you do get your money's worth - but not always simple to use, you cannot guarantee stream quality as content is what is freely available on the internet & it does vary. By this I mean you can be watching a film in HD (if you have speed) but the football s& sports streams can be far from ideal. Certain channels are not always available - remember you are not paying for the channels, you are relying on others to post them up. Whilst good for the basic UK TV, some of the marketing behind them I would say politely is 'exaggerated' they are no Sky box, nor is it easy to get everything as stated - can take some patience!

Realistically you do get what you pay for - some equipment if set up well offers a very good value option, but not a patch on the subscription based solutions (though you pay accordingly).

Subscription based services have a company which hosts all the channels, with parity of quality, no hunting through software or stream folders - a regular channel list, 7 day program guide, simple catch up TV and an 'all in one' software solutions - much like your faithful old Sky box. Downside is, you pay a monthly etc fee. Chalk & Cheese.

What I would state having dealt with numerous customers who have used both (as well as property management companies) - would not recommend the subscription free equipment for those technically challenged, with young children or for rental properties as technical complexity complete with the ability to cause a real headache if walking fingers go into menus = can be difficult to put right. Still they are not a fortune they make any smart TV smarter!

If you want ease of use, familiar use / program guide, catch up TV and something that is robust software wise, subscription based options may be more suitable.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby ready766 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:42 pm

Hi What's his name and number Dr Doolittle please, would like to use my Skybox with a card for 150 Euro a year. Thanks in antic. Mike
ready766

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:23 am

Hi What's his name and number Dr Doolittle please, would like to use my Skybox with a card for 150 Euro a year. Thanks in antic. Mike
Wrong equipment - you cannot use your UK Skybox for this. There are a number of different ways of going about this (and equipment). If you need any info, welcome to message or email us from the advert.
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Previous