Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How to apply for Temporary Resident Cert/card

How to apply for Temporary Resident Cert/card

Postby Bee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:48 pm

:text-welcomewave: I have done some googling on the Spanish sites and come up with the following information on how to obtain your Temporary Resident Card/Cert for non residents who wish to remain between 91 and 180 days in Spain each year whether retired, self-employed, employed, student or family members. marcliff or anybody with first-hand knowledge might add or subtract from it.

It is similar to the requirements for Residencia but on the Modelo EX18 you tick the temporary residence box. You will be required to satisfy the health insurance and income requirements. For 2 people the income is around €8,500p.a. the way they come to that figure is as follows. Your income may not be less than the €5100 that you would be entitled to if you had to sign on for social security in Spain or if you are retired your pension cannot be less than the non contributory pension in Spain. So the first adult must show means of say €5,500 and if there are 2 adults then it's €5,500 plus 70% making up the €8,500.(rough figures) You must have proof of your income i.e a letter from Pensions Branch in UK or private pension provider or Bank certification or a credit card showing you have that limit for spending. Private Health Insurance or a letter saying you are covered for the same level of health cover as Spanish National Health and that your home country will refund Spanish National Health for any medical expenses. This is similar to say a SIP card and the S1 form. It costs €10 to apply for the temporary card and you pay that on the usual Modelo 076(??) at a bank and bring receipt with you to your appointment with the Policia Nacional along with NIE No, Passport, birth Cert, Marriage Cert and any other cert you can think of, and proof of address in Spain. There is a Policia Nacional office in Orihuela, Elche, Torrevieja and also down at Playa Flamenca Town Hall. You will be issued with your Temporary Residence Card which lasts for 2 years. You can sign on the Padron with the card. You may well be entitled to free transport on town buses in Torrevieja.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: How to apply for Temporary Resident Cert/card

Postby TonTri » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:09 pm

I asked Matt at One Way Services in Quesada last year for help filling in this form and he said it was only for those applying to become residents not for those staying under 6 months despite what the form says. No wonder I'm so confused about the whole thing. :?
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Bee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:00 pm

Matt didn't happen to say which form. I took the information from the websites below and it says EX18. When you access the link there is a host of other modelos. There is an EX01 and an EX17 for temporary residence as well. It's all clear as mud.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mundoj ... union/amp/

https://www.mundojuridico.info/medios-e ... kFYaEZwUHE

Surely the Ministry for the Interior didn't make a mistake and they say EX18.

http://www.interior.gob.es/web/servicio ... es%20meses

Bee
Bee

Postby marcliff » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:20 pm

EX17 is an application for a non-EU citizen requesting residency as opposed to the EX18 for EU citizens (which we still are at the moment).
The EX-01 is also for non-EU citizens and is a request for a non-lucrative visa, ie, for a non-EU citizen to apply to stay longer than 3 months without working and is a visa which is not required for EU citizens (like what we is - just).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:25 pm

Doesn't bear thinking about marcliff. A whole new vocabulary.

Bee
Bee

Postby bigspender » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:15 am

There is no such thing. Its permanent residencia after 90 days. It always has been the case but the spanish never bothered about pursuing people which will no doubt change when we are 3rd country nationals
bigspender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Bee » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:27 am

No after 90 days you start a process that leads to permanent residencia after 5 years being on the Foreigners Register and the Pádron if that is what your end goal is. The application form and requirements are the same once as an EU citizen you want to stay for more than 90 days in any other EU/EEA member state. On re-reading the guidance from UK Gov and Spanish Gov I now see it is quite clear what you have to do. The rules governing signing on the Pádron are also clear once you decide to stay in Spain for more than 90 days and sign on the Foreigners Register. One flows from the other and gives you a legal status in Spain.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-r ... s-in-spain. Other fiscal requirements may follow-on from your decision but they are governed by their own separate rules.

Bee
Bee

Postby TonTri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:51 am

Bee wrote:No after 90 days you start a process that leads to permanent residencia after 5 years being on the Foreigners Register and the Pádron if that is what your end goal is. The application form and requirements are the same once as an EU citizen you want to stay for more than 90 days in any other EU/EEA member state. On re-reading the guidance from UK Gov and Spanish Gov I now see it is quite clear what you have to do. The rules governing signing on the Pádron are also clear once you decide to stay in Spain for more than 90 days and sign on the Foreigners Register. One flows from the other and gives you a legal status in Spain.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residency-r ... s-in-spain. Other fiscal requirements may follow-on from your decision but they are governed by their own separate rules.

Bee

Bee, I can't remember now which form I took into Matt but it was from a link on the UK Foreign Office website that you have posted above. If I remember correctly, it had 3 options, one to apply for permanent residency, one to apply for temporary residency if here over 3 months but less than 6, and a-n-other.

I expect all this is going to change after January 31st 2020 anyway
TonTri

Postby Bee » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:51 am

I suspect its the EX18 as Question 4 begins with Periodo Previsto de Estancia en Espana i.e How long do you intend to stay in Spain and you state the start date and number of family members if any. The form then splits into 2 sections. First one is Residencia Temporal or Temporary Residence and you tick the box which applies to why you are staying temporarily in Spain. Then the next section is Residencia Permanente with boxes to tick for situations from 12 months to 5 years. The next section deals with notification of change of details and the final section is to Baja por Cese or unsubscribe and you must say why.

Bee
Bee

Postby TonTri » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Bee wrote:I suspect its the EX18 as Question 4 begins with Periodo Previsto de Estancia en Espana i.e How long do you intend to stay in Spain and you state the start date and number of family members if any. The form then splits into 2 sections. First one is Residencia Temporal or Temporary Residence and you tick the box which applies to why you are staying temporarily in Spain. Then the next section is Residencia Permanente with boxes to tick for situations from 12 months to 5 years. The next section deals with notification of change of details and the final section is to Baja por Cese or unsubscribe and you must say why.

Bee

That sounds familiar. I don't know why Matt said it was only for permanent residents, he said that if I had an NIE then I was already registered as a foreign national as that's what NIE stands for.
TonTri

Next