Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Voting in Local Spanish Elections.

Re: Voting in Local Spanish Elections.

Postby marcliff » Thu May 25, 2023 2:11 pm

Adey wrote:Maybe because the PP posted lists to all voters, regardless of nationality they all got both white and brown lists, whereas the PSOE only sent the white local list to foreigners.

The last election was four years ago, I believe we hadn't left the EU at that point.

. I got the PSOE ones in today and they contain both the white and orangey ones.

The big envelope they came in had "Ingles" written on the back with the orange envelope ELECCIONS A LES CORTS VALENCIANES 2023 printed on it.

The only one I've received with just a white envelope is PADER which is only standing in the Rojales municipal elections.

And you may be right with the still in EU at the last election. Maybe turn up and they'll only take the white one but have still received both.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby hobnob » Thu May 25, 2023 3:25 pm

HI...thanks for the considered thinking in respect of Can I vote in the Valencian election etc. There is obviously some confusion...Like Marcliff I will take my sets of papers to the Election site and see what happens.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Chrisdee » Thu May 25, 2023 4:27 pm

I received both in the post and today the lady gave me 2 envelopes both white and the same
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Willow » Fri May 26, 2023 6:17 am

This just came up on my Facebook page ,

On Sunday the 28th the foreigners who can vote for town hall are:
EU-citizens who have registered to vote any time before the 31st of January 2023.
Citizens of countries with agreement (for example UK and Norway) who have registered to vote between November 2022 and January the 15th.
All nationals who were on the padrón in Torrevieja before the 31st of January can vote in Torrevieja without any prior registration.
Nationals can vote for town hall and Region of Valencia.
I recommend Eduardo Dolón for Mayor and Carlos Mazón for President!
Willow

Postby hobnob » Sun May 28, 2023 12:13 pm

Hi...Just to confirm my attempt to vote in the Valencian (cortes) vote (Alicante) was refused by the voting official at the Benijofar polling station. When asked the official started that all foreigners cannot vote with the orange (Valencian) envelope. The white local vote was accepted.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby marcliff » Sun May 28, 2023 12:24 pm

hobnob wrote:Hi...Just to confirm my attempt to vote in the Valencian (cortes) vote (Alicante) was refused by the voting official at the Benijofar polling station. When asked the official started that all foreigners cannot vote with the orange (Valencian) envelope. The white local vote was accepted.

Yep, went this morning. Spoke to one of the tellers who said that UK is no longer classed as EU so only the white envelope allowed unlike last time.
marcliff

Postby marcliff » Sun May 28, 2023 9:41 pm

Chrisdee wrote:That's who I'm thinking of Eduardo Dolan?

Willow wrote:Whatever you do don’t put a mark on the list ,,,,anything at all.
Just put the list in the envelope same colour . Mine is ready to go .
I’m voting PP in TORREVIEJA never thought that I would be voting this way but after the mess the other parties made of Torrevieja eight years ago I’d never vote for any of them again

Your PP got in in Torrevieja again. Increased number of seats and absolute majority.
Rojales remains PSOE with same number of seats but no majority. PP increased by 1.

PP on course to beat PSOE in the Valencia Regional elections and should have a majority of 2 in coalition with Vox. Not all votes yet counted but this is the forecast.
Puig out.

PP number of seats will be double what they got last election.

Not fully counted in Benijofar.
Last edited by marcliff on Sun May 28, 2023 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Postby Chrisdee » Sun May 28, 2023 10:02 pm

Thank you for that
Chrisdee

Postby Adey » Mon May 29, 2023 9:56 am

Now do you believe me!!

Foreigner's have never been able to vote in autonomous / regional elections, nothing to do with being an EU citizen, because they are not allowed to vote either.

This link shows exactly how many Spaniards and foreigners could vote yesterday, also what they could vote for.
https://www.ine.es/en/prensa/elec_mayo_2023_en.pdf

Also Pedro Sanchez has just called a general election for 23rd July.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Bee » Mon May 29, 2023 12:31 pm

Thanks Adey. I was wondering what his address at 11.00am was going to say. The timeline is fairly tight. The result is surely going to be a PP plus Vox government.

Bee
Bee

PreviousNext